TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

GlassJaw

Hero
Hello! I recently bought Trailblazer and am quite impressed, particularly by the spellcasting system. I've tried a number of alternate spellcasting systems and this is one does a superb job of balance, universality, and simplicity. Anyways, kudos.

Thanks hollow! Glad you are enjoying it.

Had one question regarding the rules: in the podcast mentioned earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that rogues could add their Combat Tactics bonus to aid another and related combat reactions. However, I can't find anything in the text. Was it errata'd out, or am I just not seeing it?

It's one of the rogue's special talents called Harrier. A rogue can choose talents starting at level 10.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
How's the campaign going? Still in the planning stages?

Would love to hear about it.

Quick update. I am having an incredibly hard time selling Trailblazer here. Seems that people are ready to bash it as inferior to Pathfinder without even reading it first. :( Clearly I wouldn't want to play with these people anyway, but it's still a little depressing that so few people are willing to give it a chance.

That said, I may have found three people who are willing to at least give it a shot, so the game will be back on (though I'll be running DCC adventures, rather than the originally planned Warlords campaign so as not to scare off anybody with non-traditional fantasy).

Man, I miss Topeka. The gaming scene was soooooo much better there.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Quick update. I am having an incredibly hard time selling Trailblazer here.

Man, I miss Topeka. The gaming scene was soooooo much better there.
Now you have another reason to move.

I find that people interested in playing 3E are won over by the first part of Trailblazer--the stats about the Spine and such. Honestly, it's one of those brilliant things that should make people say "Why didn't WotC do this years ago?"

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Quick update. I am having an incredibly hard time selling Trailblazer here. Seems that people are ready to bash it as inferior to Pathfinder without even reading it first.

Opinionated gamers? The deuce you say!

That said, I may have found three people who are willing to at least give it a shot, so the game will be back on (though I'll be running DCC adventures, rather than the originally planned Warlords campaign so as not to scare off anybody with non-traditional fantasy).

DCC is an excellent choice. Remember that TB characters have more oomph, so bump the difficulty up appropriately.

You know that I am at your service for any and all questions. Keep me posted as you go and I will give you my thoughts and advice from a lot of personal playtesting. (We just wrapped up our second Trailblazer campaign last night-- Red Hand of Doom. The "end boss"-- as a Solo-- dropped 3/5 characters and had the last two in single digits before we prevailed... nail biter!)

GlassJaw

Hero
Quick update. I am having an incredibly hard time selling Trailblazer here. Seems that people are ready to bash it as inferior to Pathfinder without even reading it first. :( Clearly I wouldn't want to play with these people anyway, but it's still a little depressing that so few people are willing to give it a chance.

It's probably because of the black & white artwork. :angel:

GlassJaw

Hero
"Whatcha you talkin' about, Glassjaw!" :lol: That art ROCKS. (Very sword and sorcery-esque.)

Thanks! I like it too. I was being facetious. When we released TB, Wulf found a quote from someone who was critical because we didn't have full color artwork like Pathfinder. Oh well, can't please everyone.

SolitonMan

Explorer
I'm still in the stages of reading the print version (got the PDF a while ago, but never liked long term reading in that format). I have to say that I'm very impressed with the work put into this product! Thank you! :) I don't know if I'll be playing with it anytime soon, but our GM is getting tired of running his GURPS game, so soon it'll be back to something 3.5ish - and I'll be lobbying for Trailblazer, maybe in conjunction with Pathfinder.

Anyway, thanks again, I'm looking forward to your future productions. :)

cauldron

First Post
question

Hello,
If you allow me, I've just a quick question about Combat Reactions. A character earns a second Combat Reaction at BAB 6. Must the Monk's Centered bonus or the Rogue's Combat Tactics be taken into account?
A rogue, for example, earns his/her second CR at level 6 or level 8?

Thanks,
cauldron

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases