TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

meomwt

First Post
I've been using some of the bits of Trailblazer in my campaign - solos & elites :devil:, Action Points, Treasure Packets and the lovely, lovely encounter design system.

These things have gone down an storm - especially the deadly hard-to-kill Solos - so much so that, whilst my game is on hiatus and another DM is running, he's using the Action Points mechanic based on how it's been used when I've been DM-ing.

GlassJaw

Hero
Hello,
If you allow me, I've just a quick question about Combat Reactions. A character earns a second Combat Reaction at BAB 6. Must the Monk's Centered bonus or the Rogue's Combat Tactics be taken into account?
A rogue, for example, earns his/her second CR at level 6 or level 8?

A rogue and monk would get their 2nd reaction at level 8: BAB +6.

The bonuses for Centered and Combat Tactics are conditional and aren't considered part of the classes BAB.

Thanks for the question!

GlassJaw

Hero
I've been using some of the bits of Trailblazer in my campaign - solos & elites :devil:, Action Points, Treasure Packets and the lovely, lovely encounter design system.

These things have gone down an storm - especially the deadly hard-to-kill Solos - so much so that, whilst my game is on hiatus and another DM is running, he's using the Action Points mechanic based on how it's been used when I've been DM-ing.

Good stuff! I love me some Action Points. I can't imagine playing a d20 system without them!

cauldron

First Post
Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot I have another question..
Is the Weapon Finesse feat taken into account when calculating the Combat Maneuver Bonus??

Last edited:

GlassJaw

Hero
Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot I have another question..
Is the Weapon Finesse feat taken into account when calculating the Combat Maneuver Bonus??

No problem - keep asking!

Weapon Finesse can be added to your CMB if the maneuver is "Weapon Permitted? Yes." For example, you can add your Weapon Finesse bonus if you are tying to disarm someone with a rapier but not if you are attempting a Bull Rush.

Aluvial

Explorer
I've bought and really like this book. My question is, how do I know if I have an updated version of this book?

Have there been updates? Am I eligable to get the updated version if I bought this?

Aluvial

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I've bought and really like this book. My question is, how do I know if I have an updated version of this book?

Have there been updates? Am I eligable to get the updated version if I bought this?

Aluvial

First off, there have been no recent updates.

Now, as for getting an updated version, it depends on whether you are talking print or PDF.

For PDF files, if I update, you'll automatically receive notification from RPGnow (unless you're blocking their emails!) whenever a new version goes up-- and it's free to download the new version.

For print versions-- unfortunately, you'd have to buy the book again. But-- I have no plans to update the print version (other than, for example, a second edition).

Aluvial

Explorer
First off, there have been no recent updates.

Now, as for getting an updated version, it depends on whether you are talking print or PDF.

For PDF files, if I update, you'll automatically receive notification from RPGnow (unless you're blocking their emails!) whenever a new version goes up-- and it's free to download the new version.

For print versions-- unfortunately, you'd have to buy the book again. But-- I have no plans to update the print version (other than, for example, a second edition).
Ahh, thanks. I have the PDF and it did update... It was just burried in my email.

Aluvial

TheLastRogue

First Post
Truly enjoying this book so far. Quick question though: to be clear, the book is proposing the idea that dropping the big six, or at the very least greatly limiting them, will actually bring the game into better balance (so long as APs are used)?

It seems like that is the conclusion made, but it's not implicit, so I wanted to make sure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases