TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

cauldron

First Post
Very interesting, thank you.
I think I'll keep the normal duration of the original web spell (10 min/level) and change the escape DC from 20 to the normal DC of the spell.
I will discuss it with my players.

Thanks again!

ValhallaGH

Explorer
So, I was looking at Whirling Frenzy barbarian rage and I noticed something: the Frenzy attack is a standard action (as written).

Is that intentional? Because it's already a stout rage variant (generally better than Hardy Rage). I don't think it needs the boost of being "always on", given how much Dra Dra Smash lives up to her surname (and personal motto, "Smashing for all, Justice for some."). But I wanted to check.

Thanks for all the fun.

GlassJaw

Hero
So, I was looking at Whirling Frenzy barbarian rage and I noticed something: the Frenzy attack is a standard action (as written).

Why do you say that? It basically acts like Rapid Shot. You get one extra attack and all attacks that round are at -2.

Remember, you only get extra attacks if you use a Full Attack. That's a "universal" rule.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Why do you say that? It basically acts like Rapid Shot. You get one extra attack and all attacks that round are at -2.

Remember, you only get extra attacks if you use a Full Attack. That's a "universal" rule.
Because of the Following:
Whirling Frenzy said:
While in a whirling frenzy, the barbarian may make one extra attack in a round at his highest base attack bonus, but this attack takes a –2 penalty, as does each other attack made that round.
Rapid Shot said:
You can get one extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your normal base attack bonus, but each attack you make in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) takes a –2 penalty. You must use the full attack action to use this feat.

Other than the description of Full Attack, nothing restricts Whirling Frenzy (or Flurry of Blows) from being used as a Standard Action. Every other ability that mentions extra attacks explicitly says it is part of a full attack / full round action.

Thankfully, this discussion made me look for "Extra Attack", leading me to the following key phrase.
Full Attack said:
If you get more than one attack per round because ... you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks.

This answers my question completely, but does leave me shaking my fist at the primary editor(s). The many explicit mentions of Full Attack are bound to confuse more people than myself.

pogre

Legend
This answers my question completely, but does leave me shaking my fist at the primary editor(s). The many explicit mentions of Full Attack are bound to confuse more people than myself.

I learned something today as well. I've been giving the barbarian that extra attack as part of standard actions as well. I'm not shaking a fist, but wondering why I did not figure it out.

GlassJaw

Hero
I was pretty sure it wasn't you guys' fault.

Your comment is absolutely valid though. I'm usually pretty good about adding info and clearing up little rules things like this. Usually Wulf has to step in so I don't get too wordy!

Plus, we had a couple of people play barbarians with Whirling Frenzy during our playtest campaigns and we instinctively knew how it worked so we might have glossed over the text.

In fact, I played a druid with a single level of barbarian that had it! Great fun with hybrid form by the way. :cool:

cauldron

First Post
Hello,

If you allow me, I have a question concerning TB : when a druid transforms to an animal form through Wild Whape, he can chose among several features and among them figures a poison ability. What is the DC of the poison?

Thanks in advance
cauldron

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases