TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

cauldron

First Post
Thanks !

Also, since yesterday, another question has appeared...
With the Action Point Enhancement Bound Item, how many items can be bound? As many as the character wishes? A new one at each new level? Only one - the character must take one more time the enhancement to bind a new item ?

Big debate with my players here... We just finished the second chapter of Pathfinder Legacy Of Fire and with their shiny new 7th level, my players are feeling ambitious...

GlassJaw

Hero
With the Action Point Enhancement Bound Item, how many items can be bound? As many as the character wishes? A new one at each new level? Only one - the character must take one more time the enhancement to bind a new item ?

When you "purchase" the Bound Item enhancement, it applies to one item at a time. Whenever you gain a new level (and your APs refresh), you can switch your bond from one item to another.

We didn't really specify whether a player can purchase Bound Item more than once but I'd allow it. That way, a player can have 2 (or more) bounded items at a time.

Big debate with my players here... We just finished the second chapter of Pathfinder Legacy Of Fire and with their shiny new 7th level, my players are feeling ambitious...

Sweet! How is it going? Does Legacy of Fire using the PF ruleset or 3ed? Just out of curiosity, what rules are you using from TB and PF?

cauldron

First Post
Thanks for your answer. This is logical and balanced, but you know how are the players...

About LoF, it was originally for standard 3.5 but play very well with the TB rules. I only make some monsters Elite (no solo, PF bosses are hard enough...). I have a paladin, a druide, a wizard, a monk (plus a very occasional ranger and another occasional bard), everybody is having fun.
I don't think I'll ever go back to standard 3.5, not as a DM anyway. We love the action points, the rest rules, the simplified skills, the magic system, the combat reactions (even if I regularly forget them for the NPC...),... My only concern is with the spells, I think more spells should have been 'trailblazered'. I do hope for another book after the Monster book :)

dark_mage

First Post
I have a couple of question I haven't seen adressed anywhere (if they have, my aplogies but didn't find them)

-Are the Concentration checks just 1d20+caster level? If so, why does under the Undead traits it says "Uses its Charisma modifier for caster level checks"?
-Can the Elite and Solo template be used with classed NPC's?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
-Are the Concentration checks just 1d20+caster level? If so, why does under the Undead traits it says "Uses its Charisma modifier for caster level checks"?
They are.
Looks like a hold-over from when there was a concentration skill. At a guess, one of the earlier versions of the rules added an ability score to the Concentration check.
-Can the Elite and Solo template be used with classed NPC's?
Absolutely. You can make anything Elite or Solo, even the PCs if you want to roll like that. (... Actually, that's a really good way to buff up a character for a single-PC one-on-one game.)

Good gaming.

dark_mage

First Post
Thanks! The elite/solo templates mesh very well with the campaign I'm going to play, especially considering I'll be using Paizo's critical Hits/Fumbles decks (Only Elite and Solo Monsters get to draw cards from the Critical Hits deck), but I was worried some may be too though for my players (Solo Vampiric Gibbering Mouther anyone? :devil:)

Remove ads