• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Trailer] Torchwood: Miracle Day

Crothian

First Post
Aside from the lack of accents I'm not sure there was much that made it seem that American. It was just a short teaser.

AuroraGyps

First Post
Aside from the lack of accents I'm not sure there was much that made it seem that American. It was just a short teaser.
It just seemed like it had a totally different flavor than the teasers from The BBC, for say Children of Earth. It was very slick, polished, & over the top, which to me says major motion picture or made for American TV movie.

Fast Learner

First Post
Peculiar, I'm not sure what to think.

It does have Jane Espenson writing (along with Davies and others), which is usually a good sign. I'll withhold judgement.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ugh. That looks awful.

Not that series 1-2 were much good anyway, but thus looks even worse than they were. And what's with the 'original STARZ series" claim? I'm fairly sure my BBC license fee has been used for this, and had been for the last three tears.

Plus all those thick American accents are pretty jarring in Torchwood.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It was the word "original" I was questioning. I understand that "STARZ" is a "network".
No, STARZ is a network. ;)

When they say it's "a STARZ original series" they mean it's original on their network. As in, not a rerun from any network or a new series bought from another network. A network original. It's marketing doubletalk.

Remove ads