Traveller actual play

moriantumr

Explorer
Having never played or read Traveler I really enjoyed this. Sounds like a game I would enjoy playing.
Perhaps rolling up some traveling companions with varying skill sets that she can use as surrogates could make things a bit more exciting while allowing her character to remain focused on political intrigue? Even just a single bodyguard could let her, and you, move along with events she feels her character is unable to deal with.

pemerton

Legend
Having never played or read Traveler I really enjoyed this. Sounds like a game I would enjoy playing.
Thanks!

Perhaps rolling up some traveling companions with varying skill sets that she can use as surrogates could make things a bit more exciting while allowing her character to remain focused on political intrigue? Even just a single bodyguard could let her, and you, move along with events she feels her character is unable to deal with.
Maybe. At least at this point, I think the issue is developing a sense of how to make creative decisions in a RPG context. Intellectually I have no trouble appreciating that that's a real skill - but having it manifested in this actual play certainly drove the point home.

MGibster

Legend
It's great that you're able to share this with your daughter! Back when I was her age, I couldn't imagine a parent playing an RPG.

aramis erak

Legend
The UPP is the Universal Personality Profile. The rules are a bit ambiguous whether this is purely a meta- or also an in-fiction thing, but I treat it as meta.
In the OTU, UWPs (world profiles) are in-fiction.
In CT Supp 12, and in the Traveller Book, the character sheet is given a TAS form number; thus it's indicative that they are in-fiction ratings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases