(Traveller) Explorer's Edition - Traveller for just $1!

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Been thinking about trying Traveller out? There has never been a better time, as the PDF edition of Traveller: Explorer's Edition is just $1!

You can grab your own copy right here: Mongoose Publishing

And North American Travellers can find theirs here: Mongoose Publishing

Explorer's Edition Cover.jpg

Traveller is the science fiction roleplaying game of the far future. The Traveller Explorers’ Edition is an introduction to the game for newcomers that provides all of the tools you need to create adventures or even an entire campaign. Create bold scouts and intrepid scientists who travel into the unknown aboard their trusty Type-S Scout/Courier, a rugged exploration ship perfect for the job.

Dock your ship at advanced starports, visit strange worlds, encounter alien beings and animals, and take on the challenges that the galaxy sets before you.

The Explorer’s Edition provides all core game rules for Traveller, plus a universe creation system that allows referees to create new star systems on the fly for their players to visit and explore…

The universe awaits. Welcome to Traveller!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I've just bought this. I am wondering if you can please clarify the relationship of this book to others on the site. "Explorer's Edition" only includes career options for Scout and Scholar, and only has one kind of ship, the type S:

• Is this a preview of the Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022? [i.e. material will be verbatim from this future book]
  • Is it selected material from Traveller Core ebook? [i.e. material is verbatim from this earlier volume] (and is that book superseded by the Rulebook update 2022?).
  • Is it something else entirely (a basic version or an in=between version?)?

While I suspect they are all compatible with each other, it really should be easier to see how these things relate to one another.

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
It is basically a starter/tester book - all the core rules, with enough to get you going on an 'explorer' style campaign with scouts and scientists heading into uncharted space.

Hope that helps!

Remove ads