Traveller: The New Era Bundle of Holding

prosfilaes

Adventurer
The Bundle of Holding now has Traveller: The New Era. My first introduction to Traveller was GURPS, so this should be interesting, seeing a much harassed era of Traveller. I will say (basically what I came here to say), oh, man, 90s design was awful. A lot of Traveller design is a minimalist style that works quite well, but apparently now that they have an art budget, and I'm guessing layers in whatever is being used to layout the covers, so even when there's boxes, they have to be broken and written over, and elements are stacked on elements. It's painful.

aramis erak

Legend
TNE forged it's own fanbase; not a lot of crossover from CT and MT. It's a fun enough setting to play, as long as you're not expecting the OTU of CT/MT...

prosfilaes

Adventurer
TNE forged it's own fanbase; not a lot of crossover from CT and MT. It's a fun enough setting to play, as long as you're not expecting the OTU of CT/MT...

That's why it's nice this way; had I been a OTU fan, TNE would have left me very upset. Reading the books now, long after the birth and death of TNE, I can appreciate it as its own thing.

Remove ads