Treasure Hunter Adventures for the Savage Worlds RPG

NMC

Explorer
Fifteen years ago I had the pleasure of working on a project called Treasure Hunter, one that was based on the (in my opinion, underrated) d20 Modern RPG. The core supplement was followed by three adventures, all set in Greece, but a variety of factors meant that it never really picked up any momentum. Eventually I moved on to other projects, but the desire to write treasure hunter-themed adventures stuck with me. Some time thereafter I started playing the Savage Worlds RPG, and found that I enjoyed the “Fast, Furious, Fun” nature of that game. For that reason, I've started putting together a supplement, which provides suggestions for writing adventures in that genre, using the newest edition of that game.

The first part I'd like to share is a set of character archetypes.

-Nate

I like the archetypes. I'm unfamiliar with the exact way the system is run, so the specifics of skill sets I couldn't tell if they were balanced. The the tropes I think were nailed correctly. Particularly like the Face Dealer. He's a good idea.

NMC

Explorer
Here's a preview of the first full scenario for Treasure Hunter Adventures using the Savage Worlds RPG; it is called The Death Mask of Hatshepsut.

-Nate

NMC

Explorer
Here's a preview of Treasure Hunter Adventures 2: Prizes, Puzzles and Perils. Presented here is one of the four organizations detailed in that supplement, the Office of Strategic Services.

-Nate

Remove ads