Trolling for Barbarian Haters (again)

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
As I was flipping through the latest issue of Dragon, I happened to notice something odd.

Under the description of the Primal Rager prestige class, there is an entry for damage reduction. Here is one sentance from the description: "Note that the primal rager's damage reduction allows him to penetrate the damage reduction of other creatures with his unarmed attacks as noted in the Monster Manual."

IIRC, didn't the Sage clarify that DR in the form of #/- didn't confer that ability?

Does this mean that the sage was wrong? :rolleyes:

What is everyone elses opinon of this?

Crothian

First Post
That's funny, I did not notice that. So, I thought you were trolling for barbarian haters? THis is "WotC can't keep their rules straight" bs.

My personal opinion, I'd allow barbarians to get through DR. Even combined with the Forsaker it really isn't a game breaker.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
whatisitgoodfor said:
It may not be broken with the Forsaker, but take a look at the Bear Warrior from OA.

Dealing 2d8 + 30 is a lot when you're ignoring all DR.

Good point, but even so that's a character who is focused on melee combat. Let him be good at it. Theree is so much more in role playing then just combat, I have no problem allowing this.

Tattooed Monks can also get DR x/- so a monk with this ability would also be very strong. Possible too strong. Hard to say.

Remove ads