• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trouble reading articles

seankreynolds

Adventurer
Hi.

Say there's an article on the home page I want to read, like "D&D Lair Assault: Spiderkiller."

I can see the initial preview text just fine.

I can see that there's more to read in the article because the preview text ends with "against an ultimate, skill-testing challenge to defeat the...[Read More]"

If I click on the article headline, or on the "read more" link, it takes me to the thread *discussing* the article, not the article itself. And I can't find any links on that discussion page that take me to the actual *article*.

However, if I log out of ENworld and click the article link on the main page, it takes me to the discussion page and the first post is the article I'm trying to read. Post #2 is the first reply to the article (if I'm logged in, I'm seeing Post #2 as if it were Post #1, in reply to nothing).

I'm logged out and looking at that very page, then I log in... the article-post goes away and all I'm seeing is the discussion starting with Post #2 (which, again, is presented as Post #1).

The URLs are exactly the same whether I'm logged in or logged out. But when I'm logged in, it doesn't show me the article, just the replies to it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Weird! I can't think why that would be happening, especially if the URLs are identical.

Is this happening to anyone else? That'll help me figure out if it's something about Sean's account or something more general doing this.

pedr

Explorer
I'm logged in and following the 'Read More' link on the ENnies news item and clicking the headline link on the Lair Assault article both take me to the top of the forum thread with the news item as the first post, so the way Sean describes it working when he's logged out.

(So in answer to the tweet, [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], I don't seem to experience the same problem).

This is the permalink to the first post in the Spiderkiller thread as the system generates it for me, in case that's useful: http://www.enworld.org/forum/news/324465-d-d-lair-assault-spiderkiller.html#post5934280

Holy Bovine

First Post
Not happening to me clicking the [read more] or title links takes me right to the thread with the first post as the article - I'm running Firefox (latest update as of this morning) on Windows XP.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sean, I can't replicate this any way how, and I can't find anyone else who is having the same issue. I'm afraid I'm completely flummoxed; I've no idea what could be causing it or how to even begin fixing it.

I'll keep looking, though.

Remove ads