Tru Calling: First Season thoughts (Spoilers)

Mercule

Adventurer
Tru's father was the last generation's Evil Leaper. Predictable? Mostly, but they pretty much telegraphed the whole thing intentionally, IMHO. Interesting? Yeah, I think so.

I get the feeling the crew wants to take us somewhere with the show. Season One seems to be just the set-up. It started formulaic, but had been getting less so as the season passed.

I wasn't really tickled by the whole Evil Leaper thing, and I'm still not completely sure about it, but I'm starting to think they've got something they want to do with it that could be interesting. Jack and Dad seem to get more insight into the day than Tru does. They also don't quite seem to be of the same ilk -- Jack doesn't seem to actually get help requested of him, but is drawn back by Tru's passage.

There are a bunch of questions which, if answered, could make things really interesting. If they are left undealt with, the show will fall flat. I'm pretty much sticking with things on the assumption that they'll tell us:
  • If there are more people like Tru elsewhere in the world or "unto each generation, a Necroscope is born"?
  • How Jack knows more about the day than Tru?
  • Is the power ancient and hereditary, or did it originate with her mom?
  • Are Dad and company causing the imbalance which Tru is addressing?
I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that pop to mind.

As far as being up against Survivor and Friends, I honestly can't fathom watching either show voluntarily. Could I please, please watch the D&D movie instead? Of course, I obviously don't share the tastes of the masses -- which doesn't really bother me.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I just watched the final 2 episodes from VHS Tape (didn't get a chance to until last night), and I'm interested, though not overly so. I'm glad the rumors were false and they didn't kill off Jack, but the ends being tied up so quickly are unsatisfying. Then again, if they didn't get renewed, I'd probably be grousing about the loose ends, so...

The dichotomy interests me, of Tru and Jack, but being "Evil?" Uh-uh. Too simplistic. Like Crothian said, if he had a REASON besides, "nothing personal, just my job as the Grim Reaper", then I'd like it more.

I'm still watching, assuming it returns in the fall, but if something remotely interesting appears in its time slot, it's dropped faster than a week-old potato pancake.

At least there's still CSI. :)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This show is badly in need of some decent actors. The current team makes most soap operas look like good acting, as far as I am concerned. I just can't watch it because of that.

Crothian

First Post
The acting isn't go to win awards, but its not that bad. I've never seena soap opera so I have no idea how they may compaire.

Paladin

Explorer
My wife taped the finale for us, since we were busy, but she didn't notice that it was really two hours. *oops* We saw the first hour, and missed the whole second hour. If someone has the time to post a summary of that final hour we'd be most appreciative. I've searched the web for such a summary but couldn't find one! Thanks in advance!

Crothian

First Post
It boils down to JAck talks to Tru, says if she saves one person another then must did. Her brother dies, asks for help and then events unfold so she saves him and the photographer guy ends up dead. Jack set it up so he would die. We also learn that Tru's father was the opposite of her mother playing tha part of the "eviol leaper" if you will.

Remove ads