True Blood #5:Never let Me Go/Season 2.2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Never Let Me Go

In Dallas, Sookie connects with one of her own, then joins Bill and Eric for a strategic summit at the lair of the missing vampire, Godric (Allan Hyde), attended by his lieutenants, Stan (Ed Quinn) and Isabel (Valerie Cruz). Meanwhile, Jason shows his mettle at a Light of Day boot camp, and is rewarded for his hard work with a gift from Sarah (Anna Camp). Rebuffed by Tara in her relocation efforts, Maryann decides to cast her spell on the staff of Merlotte’s, softening Tara up towards her new “family.” Eric shares a little-known secret about his past with Bill, and Sookie makes a decision that might solve the Godric mystery – or get her killed.
Written by Nancy Oliver; directed by John Dahl.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Sookie + Bill = Okay, bordering on interesting
Bill + Eric = Very interesting
Jason + LOD = Very interesting
Lafayette = Always interesting. Never enough Lafayette
Tara + Eggs = Snorefest! *BORING*
Tara + Maryann = Dragging thins one out way too much now. It's become a snore
Sam+ Daphne = Okay, but this is not going to end well. Maryann's involved here somehow...
Jessica + Lawful Good Lunch Boy = Never enough Jessica.

Episode length: 52 minutes! What happened here? This episode seemed WAY too short!!

In general: The Maryann story arc has been stretched out far too long without real developments, and the added Tara+Eggs story has now become unceasingly tedious and boring. Move on already, damn it! Given a choice between showing more of Lafayette and less of Tara, it's a no brainer. The producer, director and writers have to be able to see this, right?

I am getting the vibe this season where the writers seem to be choosing the arcs in each episode to give us more romance for the femme viewer demographic, no matter how boring it pans out to be in the editing room or how little it serves to advance the plot.

Another 3 or 4 minutes of Eric and Godric or of Jessica and Lunch Boy in this otherwise TOO SHORT episode would have a been very welcome addition.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Did anyone else notice that in Episode #4 Jessica glamoured Leon and took his cell phone? In Episode #5, we see her using a cell phone to call Hoyt. Suppose someone was to track that phone down and/or look at the phone records. Leon admitted he was not a member of the Fellowship of the Sun, but that he was hired over the phone. Hrmmm...

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Holy crap that was a pointless episode. A few revelations, but otherwise a complete waste of time. Nothing happened, and most everyone was hit with the stupid stick repeatedly.

The conversation between Lafayette and Sam was, IMO, the high point of this episode. Great acting by both of them.

Eric's conversion was a pretty cool scene, and at least explained Eric's motivation.

I was pleased to see Jason's charisma shine through in ways other than scoring women. Even if that seen with Sarah was weird and awkward to watch. Jason really could be a leader, if it came down to it.

The bellboy better come back, otherwise what is the bloody point? My suspicion is that he may work for the Church, and that's why he freaked out.

Completely sick of the Tara/Maryann and Daphne storyline, or lack thereof. At least we know Daphne is a shapeshifter as well... although I suspect where Sam escaped she did not, and she's under Maryann's control. It's probably the same for Pig-guy.

Ed Quinn, while you are an awesome cowboy-vampire, please go back to Eureka. The show isn't the same without your condescending smarminess.

Hopefully next week will feature some more movement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads