Truename Magic

Yeoman

First Post
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but isn't it increasingly unlikely to pass the truespeak skill check at high levels? 15 + (2 * CR) is a pretty hard check early on, but at high levels it's nearly impossible to make. To use an utterance on a balor for example requires a DC 55 skill check. The same goes for the Acolyte of the Ego class.

Is it just me, or is this nigh impossible to make?

RigaMortus2

First Post
Yeoman said:
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but isn't it increasingly unlikely to pass the truespeak skill check at high levels? 15 + (2 * CR) is a pretty hard check early on, but at high levels it's nearly impossible to make. To use an utterance on a balor for example requires a DC 55 skill check. The same goes for the Acolyte of the Ego class.

Is it just me, or is this nigh impossible to make?

With the right feats and spells, it shouldn't be too hard.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
It looks worse than it is.

You should expect to spend a lot of your resources on Int-boosting and skill-boosting items, but duh! that's what you do.

At 20th level, you should have:
24 ranks in Truespeak
Starting with 14 Int (quite conservative): +2
Five ability points due to level-up (all into Int): +2
Inherent +5 bonus from Tome of Clear Thought: +3
Skill Focus (Truespeak) +3
Amulet of Silver Tongue +10
Headband of Intellect (+6) +3
Luckstone +1
---------------
Total = 48 + 1d20

Now add in all the temporary modifiers you can get (like a Bard's Inspire Competence or a Wand of Heroism or that 1st-level LEM Utterance that gives you a +5 to all skill checks)... you can boost your skill check quite high.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads