Trying to find a picture from a D&D book. Please help!

FoxWander

Adventurer
I'm trying to find an illustration I know I've seen in a D&D book. I can picture it clearly but can't seem to find the book it was in. Hopefully someone will recognize this description and know where it's from.

It's a color picture of a male dwarf in three-quarter profile from the right. He's holding a flintlock gun with the barrel fashioned to look like a dragon with its mouth open. It could also be a crossbow with the bow mounted behind the dragon head, but I really think it's a gun of some sort. There might be an axe-like bayonet mounted under the barrel.

If anyone can point me toward the source of this picture I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Dalamar

Explorer
A quick look-through only revealed the illustration for the Dwarf Sniper mini.

I think there might've been an illustration like that in the 3.0 DMG where there was discussion of gunpowder, but I don't have that at hand.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Dalamar said:
I think there might've been an illustration like that in the 3.0 DMG where there was discussion of gunpowder, but I don't have that at hand.
Yep. It's there, definitively - I can remember that very well. In the chapter covering alternate ideas for weapons and campaign flavours. But I don't have a 3.0 DMG at hand any more, so no page reference. :\

Cheers, LT.

FoxWander

Adventurer
Wow, thanks for the help everyone, and quite specific help at that. You all sound pretty sure of the source. Unfortunately I no longer have a 3.0 DMG to check it out. :( Maybe a trip to my FLGS will help. I could snap a picture with my cell phone.

I have a character concept I wanted to ask my wife to draw and what I remember of that picture comes pretty close. Specifically the gun. I'm thinking of running a warlock as a gadgetteer. He's the power source for all his invocations but has the flaw that he must channel them thru devices. So he has his eldritch blast gun, a baleful utterance tuning fork wand, etc..

Anyway, thanks for the help- now I'm off to the book store.

Dragon Snack

First Post
Before you head off, you may want to check the Wizards site. It's signed "Arnie", so that's probably Arnie Swekel.

I couldn't find it with a quick search though, maybe you will have better luck (I'm not having much luck with searches lately)...

FoxWander

Adventurer
Kheti sa-Menik said:
Here you go: link
Not a great scan, but it should do.

Wow. Thanks for the scan- especially since ye olde FLGS didn't have a 3.0 DMG. That's definitely the pic I was looking for. Not quite the way I remembered it, but it'll do. Thanks again everyone.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
FoxWander said:
Wow. Thanks for the scan- especially since ye olde FLGS didn't have a 3.0 DMG. That's definitely the pic I was looking for. Not quite the way I remembered it, but it'll do. Thanks again everyone.

No problem.
That's what web hosting accounts are for! Hehehe

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4