Trying to recall a pre-2000 comic book/graphic novel

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) I believe it was either an indie or small non-DC or non-Marvel, unless it was one of their subdivisions for more grown-up dare.

2) The major plotline involved government agents hunting superpowers people. As I recall, all of the characters were unique to this comic- no X-Men or other obvious guest stars.

3) One of the main antagonist was known as “The Man”- a superhuman dressed like a typical “man in black” suit, Ray-Ban Wayfarer type sunglasses, and a haircut that would pass military muster without being a brush cut. He was tall, Caucasian, and beefy like a pro linebacker. Physical power level was possibly greater than a Captain America but definitely less than a Doc Samson.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Good gthoughts, all, but none of those is the winner.

I have a feeling that it’s probably NOT an Image title, just based on the artists they had at the time. Valiant and Dark Horse are stronger contenders. But I could be 100% wrong on all that.

The Man really did have this kind of visual aesthetic:
220px-MiB.svg.png

1*DbNZs9BBlt0YHFRa920Dkg@2x.jpeg
latest

But not slender- very much a tall “beefcake” build.

Attachments

• 220px-MiB.svg.png
    220px-MiB.svg.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not that one either.

The protagonists would have looked more normal. No big “superguns”, no supertech or typical costumes in general. Think of how mostof the supers lookied in TV’s Heroes or Alphas.

So far, Harbinger looks closest.

Last edited:

Remove ads