• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR's Comics and the Buyout by WotC

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Henry said:
Not worthwhile. I used to own the Intruder series, and it was all right, but wasn't that good.

The Dragonlance DC comic was passable, as was the AD&D comic, but the two the were quite good were Forgotten Realms (I still love the characters of Minder, Ishi, Agrivar, Omen, Vartan, and Foxy) and Spelljammer (Mediocre after about mid-way through the series, but quite good otherwise.)

Never read the Spelljammer ones, but I used to infrequently get the FR ones early on. I remember liking the paladin's initial trials & tribulations (his arms made weak by a staff of withering, but then his limitation was countered with a pair of gauntlets of ogre strength until his spell afflicting his arms was broken).

Actually, IIRC, the characters from the FR comics were statted up in Dragon (back in the 2nd ed. days, IIRC).

Benben

First Post
Henry said:
The Dragonlance DC comic was passable, as was the AD&D comic, but the two the were quite good were Forgotten Realms (I still love the characters of Minder, Ishi, Agrivar, Omen, Vartan, and Foxy) and Spelljammer (Mediocre after about mid-way through the series, but quite good otherwise.)
Interesting I guess I didn't follow Spelljammer for long enough, as I never found it to be better than mediocre. We definitely share the same opinion of the Dragonlance series. I do remember one good issue involving some frost giants, an evil sorceress, and some heroic Knights of Solamnia.

I guess I hold the AD&D comic in higher esteem as I loved the murder mystery arc involving the eye of a blue dragon, and also the character arc of the former slave turned paladin of Selune.

Remove ads