• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tumbling for Wizards

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
I just noticed that Tumbling isn't an exclusive skill. So anyone who is not encumbered by armor or weight should probably spend the 2 skill points to pick this up right?

If I'm a wizard and have points to spare, is there any reason why I shouldn't have Tumbling at 1? That gives me a chance to avoid AoO's and reduce falling damage for free doesn't it?

My kobold wizard with his 18 Dex would have a 50/50 chance of avoiding most movment AoO's, all for a mere 2 skill points. Seems like a great deal! Is there some restriction that I'm missing here?

Crothian

First Post
No. You can also then make a magical item that gives you +10 to this skill for really cheap and that will really incxrease it's use.

dcollins

Explorer
Crothian said:
No. You can also then make a magical item that gives you +10 to this skill for really cheap and that will really incxrease it's use.

Might as well oblige KR...

Any such "new item" counts as a house rule. It's not automatically available to any player, and the rules weren't balanced assuming the existence of such items.

Last edited:

Balthasar

First Post
It may not be desirable for a lot of DMs, but I don't see why this should be a house rule.

If it's not an exclusive skill, any character can get it and use the rules as printed

There's no reason not to enchant skill enhancing items (as the Boots/Cloak of Elvenkind)

Sounds fine to me...

Lothar

First Post
Crothian said:

If I allowed these in my campaign, they would be called "balerina slippers of twinkle toes".

LordAO

First Post
Crothian said:

Really? How do you figure?

Everything in the game requires the DM's approval, regardless of how official or unofficial it is. Of course, the more unofficial it is, the more you are obligated to ask your DM if you can have it.

Veldrane

First Post
dcollins said:
Any such "new item" counts as a house rule. It's not automatically available to any player, and the rules weren't balanced assuming the existence of such items.

No reason to worry: Psychoskin of Nimbleness, PsiHB, 2.000 gp, usable by non psionic, doesn't even take up an item slot.

That's what I consider a fairly broken item, assuming you don't use variant rules for tumbling (which I reccomend)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads