D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 10, 2022 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 48x56 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1700x2025
  • The white triangular shapes on the keep and tower walls are arrow slits/loops.
  • Areas 5 a), 9 a), and 10 have tapestries.
  • Area 5 b) has a dais/raised platform.
  • Area 5 b) has statues.
  • The white rectangular shape with black centre to the left of area 6 b) is a chimney.
  • Area 8 a) has a fireplace.
  • Areas 12, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 have ladders leading up.
  • Area 15 is the courtyard.
  • Areas 16 to 22 have trap doors in their floors.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-10-2022 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 10th, 2022 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8 maps) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #21 map. This week's map is temple level 4 and rooftop. Next week will be the dungeon level. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This is the upper level 4 and rooftop of a temple complex. The previous levels are represented by Old School Blue Maps 19 to 20 (May 23rd, 30th, and June 6th 2022 respectively)
  • The double white lines on the narrow walls represent windows. The thicker outer walls have alcoves that lead to the windows (loops).
  • Areas 2, 8, 10, and 24 have statues.
  • Areas 4 and 23 have a ladder leading up to a trap door in the ceiling (not shown on map).
  • Area 6 has a tapestry.
  • Area 30 a) is the rooftop with parapets.
  • Areas 30 b) and 30 c) each have a trap door in the floor.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #21 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #21 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 17, 2022 Friday Freebie map. Next week will be the dungeon level that will finish this series of maps. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The shaded area represents the outdoors (with trees, stone steps, and rubble). I've included the shaded area to allow the white rooftop areas to stand out.
  • The white squares on the walls represent the spaces between parapets.
  • The white triangular shapes on the walls represent arrow slits/loops.
  • Area 1 c) has chimneys to the left.
  • Areas 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 have trap doors in their floors.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-17-2022 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 17th, 2022 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8 maps) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #22 map. This is the final map for the temple complex. This is the dungeon level. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 12, 33, and 46 have pillars.
  • Areas 2, 10, 21, and 31 b) have false doors.
  • Area 7 has a fireplace.
  • Areas 8, 18 a), 22, and 31 e), and 31 h) have open pits.
  • Area 12 a) have tapestries.
  • Areas 12 b), 18 b), 20 b), and 29 d) are daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 12 b) and 18 b) have altars.
  • Areas 12 b), 18 b), 31 a), and 37 have statues.
  • Areas 15 and 40 have covered pit traps.
  • Area 19 is a hypercaust. Heated smoke is vented through vents under the floor, in the walls, and through the thin pillars thus heating the room. perhaps this room is used for purification purposes (sweat out the evil/good). The heated smoke that warms this room originates from area 20 b).
  • Area 20 b) has a strange, techno-magical boiler mechanism that burns organic matter (normally wood) to create heated smoke that is then piped into channels that surround the adjacent room (area 19).
  • Area 29 d) has a throne.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #22 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #22 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

I've bundled all of the relevant Temple maps at DriveThru. It can be found here: Blue-Temple [BUNDLE] - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

Cheers,
Tim

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Here's the Monday Blues #22 map. This is the final map for the temple complex. This is the dungeon level. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 12, 33, and 46 have pillars.
  • Areas 2, 10, 21, and 31 b) have false doors.
  • Area 7 has a fireplace.
  • Areas 8, 18 a), 22, and 31 e), and 31 h) have open pits.
  • Area 12 a) have tapestries.
  • Areas 12 b), 18 b), 20 b), and 29 d) are daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 12 b) and 18 b) have altars.
  • Areas 12 b), 18 b), 31 a), and 37 have statues.
  • Areas 15 and 40 have covered pit traps.
  • Area 19 is a hypercaust. Heated smoke is vented through vents under the floor, in the walls, and through the thin pillars thus heating the room. perhaps this room is used for purification purposes (sweat out the evil/good). The heated smoke that warms this room originates from area 20 b).
  • Area 20 b) has a strange, techno-magical boiler mechanism that burns organic matter (normally wood) to create heated smoke that is then piped into channels that surround the adjacent room (area 19).
  • Area 29 d) has a throne.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #22 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #22 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

I've bundled all of the relevant Temple maps at DriveThru. It can be found here: Blue-Temple [BUNDLE] - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

Cheers,
Tim
Love the hypercaust! (never heard that word before) And I'll either put in steam mephits or... I won't! The players will be half expecting them anyway, so it'll be a Schrodinger's Hpercaust - until then enter, they won't know if the steam mephits are there, or not 🙃 😄

Turgenev

Hero
I got the idea of a hypercaust from watching many episodes of the classic British archaeology TV show, Time Team. My interest in archaeology (mainly Classical archaeology) predates the TV show but the show is a great resource for map ideas. One of these days I will draw a Roman fortification map. ;)

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 24, 2022 Friday Freebie map. This is the dungeon level for the castle ruins maps. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 8, 9, 26, and 28 have pillars.
  • Areas 10, 12, 17, and 34 have bars/gates.
  • Area 18 b) and 30 have statues.
  • Areas 22, 24, and 29 have partially collapsed and are strewn with rubble.
  • Areas 23 and 34 a) have open pits.
  • Area 30 has a dais/raised platform.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-24-2022 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 24th, 2022 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 + 1 bonus map) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #23 map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 9, 15 a), 23, and 27 c) have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 3, 5, 11, 13, 23, 25, 27 b), and 27 e) have false doors.
  • Areas 6, 14, 22, and 23 have pillars/columns.
  • Area 7 a) has a notch in the wall that shoots flames/lightning/arrows down the corridor towards area 7 b).
  • Areas 7 b) and 13 have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 7 b), 19 a), 26, and 31 have open pits.
  • Areas 13, 23, and 29 have statues. The statues in area 23 could easily be caryatid columns.
  • Area 15 b) has a magic circle.
  • Area 19 b) has bars/gate.
  • Area 22 has a tapestry.
  • Area 27 has spider webs.
  • Area 30 has a depression in the ground (perhaps a sinkhole is forming or something is digging up from below and that has caused the ground to settle and drop).
  • The blue dots in areas 34, 35, 36, and 38 represent rubble.
  • Area 36 has a chasm/crevasse.
  • Area 40 has a natural chimney leading to the surface.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #23 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #23 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases