Two Days Left To Vote For Most Anticipated RPG of 2018!

I've been waiting for the new RQ since the 80's :cool:

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Ah, if it is, then don't I look silly.

Only a half-joke. When you're owned by a corporation with $11,300,000,000 in market capitalization, your actions mean more than your words.

Also, "anticipated" doesn't mean "desired."

On the other hand, I hear there are some pretty good indies out there...

shemjaza

First Post
Kult was one of the darkest and most interesting roleplaying games of the mid nineties, now it has merged with one of the best systems of the 21st century.

I could not be more enthused about a role playing game.

Probably 2020.
I doubt it, to be honest. You could cite the 6 years or so between 4th and 5th, but 4th edition was a troubled edition and the expressed business plan for 5th is to keep the core rules going for as long as possible. Pathfinder has managed to keep going, unchanged, for a decade and they have a higher release rate than D&D fifth, with less avenue towards marketing the brand to other media. In 2024, it'll be the 50th Anniversary of D&D and I'll bet that Wizards won't want to rock the boat too much in the years building up to that event.

Moreover, if they want to have a new edition they need to sell a justification to the potential buyers, or else they'll just end up with another edition war rather than generating new sales. What reason(s) are there, currently, to warrant a new edition when the fanbase is generally happy with the current rules?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads