• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UaVS] The Silver Door IC

KitanaVorr

First Post
The priestess moved silently through the corridor, following the bugbear and the silent drow male at a comfortable distance so that she would have ample time to react if the two found...complications...ahead of them.

Increasing light from the fungus gave her locks, more silver than the normal white drow strands, a gleam that moved across her silky hair as if it was a finely honed blade, intricately braided, every lock in perfect place.

Though she walked before them, Enraela remained aware of those behind her, keeping track of them if not by sight, but by the subtle sound of their breathing, the crunch of their footsteps on the dusty remains.

garyh

First Post
The hobgoblin stuck close to the priestess. He knew what games drow and their servants could play, and knew it was his task to see her remain safe.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The passage wore on and on, nearly 500 paces now, though it was easily twice that many steps at this slow rate. The Fungus merely lit the way, although the tension was palpable among several of the more nervous party members. After all, did not the Drow resort to treachery at every turn? Perhaps one of these Ferach had offended the Duchess some how, and now, in the spirit of the twisted sense of humor of the Dark Elves, eight would die to pay back one in some fiendish or horrific trap.
These and other disturbing thoughts seemed to clutter the minds of Grolvus, Jikull and Brogark most of all.
Just when it seemed that they,( Brogark in particular) would break into a run to be free of such Madenning Thoughts, Arngen and Grolvus came to a grey wall. This wall, a fine sheen of Spider Webbing, stretched across the entryway of the tunnel mouth, some seven feet tall and four feet wide. Thousands of Spiders, each no bigger than your thumb, worked ceaselessly to repair any small tear. Beyond the sheet of webbing, seen in a haze, was the Lerondyl Forest, it's Fungal 'trees' visible as grey shapes looming up from the Cavern Floor. Sounds both near and far away trickled in, the scuttling of a Large Spider, the scream of some dweller in the dark. Further off could be heard a Horn, and the distant clash of arms. Such was the way of things now, the Drow's subtle 'Game' had become a bloody Reality, with pretense all but forgotten by many of the factions in Thelaru 'acli.

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
IC: "Mistress Enraela I like not the sounds of this combat ahead. If we proceed I say we part the webbing aside and move cautiously." in his low and rumbling voice. He stays close to her and the half-ogre looks for Vitrene to make sure he has not slipped off down a side passsage.

OOC: What's the marching order? Where is Vitrene in relation to the rest of us? IS this other man-hating sister around?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The time was just past Fierceglow, the brightest point in the Underdark 'Day'. The soft luminescence of the Fungi outside the tunnel filtered in and gave the Web an unsettling yellow-greenish tinge.

OoC to Jikull and all: As I see it (Please correct me, anyone who is not where I envision them), Arngen and Grolvus are in the front, between 10 and 30 feet ahead. Wesellu and Brogark are next, with Enraela and Jikull close behind.Vitrene and Gentaria are bringing up the rear, though you will hardly have to worry about him at this point, as the Cerukal would be an overwhelming Foe for him to try to get past alone.Or perhaps he can...

The time is aprox 2PM equivalent. Keeping a timeless sense is very cool, what with no Sun or stars and all, but the needs of healing rates, spell casters etc...make keeping track neccessary.

Serpenteye (Vitrene) should be ok to post after the weekend, and Jemal (Gentaria) should be back from vacation as well soon.
No worries, more EXP for you guys when you kill that Ancient Shadow Dragon!!!!

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
A small smile slipping across his face at his sudden usefulness, Wesellu clears his throat, drawing attention to himself. Assuming an almost lecturing tone, Wesellu collects his hands behind his back, stopping occasionly to bring them forth and gesture with them, pointing out one part of the web or another.

"Yes, yes. Quite so. The webs in front of us compose that which is known as a Denaque. A very ingenious magical defense, if I say so myself. The Wizard's Guild only creates these for the more important Contracts.

I could, after all, disable the device myself, but I would not wish to permanently harm it, nor expend my own valuable energy on so minor an inconvenience. Yes, indeed. Instead, I would suggest someone slice a small hole through the webbing through which we can move.

We must be quick, however, in order to make sure none penetrate through the hole we make."

Inwardly beaming at such a rousing lecture (at least in his own mind) Wesellu finishes with a nod towards the web for the more martially minded of his companions.

"After you."

Krizzel

First Post
The bugbear stepped back reflexively at the mention of 'ingenious' enchantments. That was nothing he wanted to get entangled in. Grolvus didn't know which was worse - sadistic priestesses or the wizards who resented them. It wasn't good to be near to either.

Yellow furred ears flicked forward, listening to the far off sounds of battle with concern, while he reached to his waist and pulled a leather-backed map from its case. Unfurling it, he stepped next to Arngen, poking the drow for his attention, and casting a meek, inviting look to Enraela in case she, too, would like to look over their path.

garyh

First Post
Though the machinations of the Drow often were too subtle for him, Brogark heard the clash of battle ahead and rejoiced, hoping that he would have a chance to be in his element soon...

Krizzel

First Post
"If we go straight through," Grolvus growled in quiet agreement. "If we want to get to the river without anyone seeing though..." The bugbear made a small shrug and his ears pricked up again.

"I should go see who or what is out there first," he decided after a moment, glancing first at Arngen and then at Enraela for permission. "We need to know how many and where."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads