UK Games Expo 2020 Cancelled

Another convention gets cancelled in these times of uncertainty, UK Games Expo, the third biggest in the world.

ALL VISITORS AND EXHIBITORS ARE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND OF TICKETS AND STAND FEES

YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO ROLL FORWARD YOUR ENTRY TICKET AND STAND FEES TO 2021

There are a lot of questions no doubt from both attendees and vendors but a lot of answers have already been provided by UK Games Expo as part of a PDF HERE. I'm sure there will be many more intricate details which need to be worked out but make sure to provide time for communications as this is going to be a busy time.

cover_UK_Games_Expo_Cancelled_What_Is_Next_OnTableTop-1024x576.jpg

”UK Games Expo 2020 was originally planned for May 2020. In March we announced that due to the Corona Pandemic we were postponing until August 2020.Since making that announcement we have been monitoring the situation with regard to the current Covid-19 virus pandemic.

After long deliberation and with great reluctance, the directors of UK Games Expo have decided to cancel the 2020 UK Games Expo. This decision has been made after considering national advice and government directives with regard to the Covid-19 virus pandemic, the expected closure of large venues and the probable duration of the infection. We reached our conclusions following consultation with sponsors, show partners and our venues.

We consider that a cancellation at this stage maximises the chances to both protect the health and well-being of all our attendees but also the financial viability of our exhibitors and the UK Games Expo itself and gives the best opportunity for attendees to recover any secondary costs. This allows us the best opportunity to hold a successful show in 2021.

We understand that this decision will impact everyone in different ways and will have a financial impact on some. We can only apologise for this and assure you that we are working with all our providers and hotels to help with these costs.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Mournblade94

Adventurer
What businesses have to contend with is even though they may be open, consumers may not have the confidence.

I really want to see Black Widow and Wonder Woman. But I don't think I will feel safe in a theatre for some time.

Almost every Gencon I catch a severe cold. There is no way I would feel safe at Gencon this year.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases