Ultimate 12th level fighty type build?

SlagMortar

First Post
Since you mentioned you were looking at a spellsword build, here is a good start as long as you don't mind using wraithstrike.

Elusive Target will rain on its parade a little, but it is still pretty solid even without the power attack bonuses.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Human 6 Barbarian/6 Frenzied Berserker. Why screw around?

Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper.

[edit: if you expect a long fight, take Extend Rage twice instead of the last two feats?]
[edit: there is some magical armor that prevents fatigue and exhaustion in CW - armor of the unending hunt - very nice for a rage/frenzy build]

Nothing like a charge with a full power attack and 2 handed weapon that is almost guaranteed to hit.

Priority on Str, then Con, then Dex, then Wis (for the will save), then Int, then Chr.

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Leap Attack can miss if you set the Power Attack too high.

Shock Trooper will hit on anything but a 1, and with full PA for damage.

But Leap Attack would be good for the next feat at 15th.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
wait, what if you have ellusive target. cant you take a fb down past 0 and just pull out a mythril towershield wait untill the rage ends?

edit

Or do you mean if two FBs fight echother, that it will only end in a draw?

Sorry, I should have been clearer:

Text from his emails:
Any class, any race, any level. Standardized abilty scores and standardized money to buy equipment with...how tough can you make them? Build up, say a level 12 fighter, and then send him in to fight against whatever beasties I find that are, maybe CR 8. He wins, he fights a CR 10. Then a CR 12. Like that, just to see who can build the best warrior. Maybe a Paladin8/Cleric4 is tougher? Maybe a halfling ranged weapon master is kickass, and no one has ever played one. What about the hulking hurler? There are so many options in D&D we could never play them all out in regular campaigns. Dave had an idea awhile back to make a Paladin with a Centaur as a mount and have them both carry lances for a super devastating charge...how good would that be in an actual battle?
18, 16, 16, 14, 12, 12 - makes for strong characters, so assign those scores wherever you want them, take the money for your level (whatever level you want to make your character) from pg 135 from the DMG, and buy whatever equipment you want with it.

Don't worry too much about assigning skills or figuring out weight, just build up the PC so it can fight a battle - have all your relevant stuff calculated.

Basically, the place where we gave has VIRTUALLY every book WOTC ever printed for D&D thats in any way a rules supplement or splat. Me doesn't have Weapons of Legacy, or the one with three new magical styles (name magic and some other wierd stuff - can't remember - like the Tome of Battle for Magic).

Its melee, and damage is the ultimate demonstration of prowess in this scenario.

I should mention we had the idea of a Paladin, but another player plays his Centaur mount, and they both have lances for Devastating Charge.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure how much prep time you'll get for casting buff spells, esp. in between combats, so Cleric might not be the uber-way to go.

Last edited:

Jack Simth

First Post
Umm... do you mean "best" as in "most effective possible"?

[sblock]Technically, you could do the original (12th level Kobold Egoist) Pun-Pun build.[/sblock]

But that's insane, so....

green slime

First Post
hackmastergeneral said:
Sorry, I should have been clearer:

Text from his emails:
Any class, any race, any level. Standardized abilty scores and standardized money to buy equipment with...how tough can you make them? Build up, say a level 12 fighter, and then send him in to fight against whatever beasties I find that are, maybe CR 8. He wins, he fights a CR 10. Then a CR 12. Like that, just to see who can build the best warrior. Maybe a Paladin8/Cleric4 is tougher? Maybe a halfling ranged weapon master is kickass, and no one has ever played one. What about the hulking hurler? There are so many options in D&D we could never play them all out in regular campaigns. Dave had an idea awhile back to make a Paladin with a Centaur as a mount and have them both carry lances for a super devastating charge...how good would that be in an actual battle?
18, 16, 16, 14, 12, 12 - makes for strong characters, so assign those scores wherever you want them, take the money for your level (whatever level you want to make your character) from pg 135 from the DMG, and buy whatever equipment you want with it.

Don't worry too much about assigning skills or figuring out weight, just build up the PC so it can fight a battle - have all your relevant stuff calculated.

Basically, the place where we gave has VIRTUALLY every book WOTC ever printed for D&D thats in any way a rules supplement or splat. Me doesn't have Weapons of Legacy, or the one with three new magical styles (name magic and some other wierd stuff - can't remember - like the Tome of Battle for Magic).

Its melee, and damage is the ultimate demonstration of prowess in this scenario.

I should mention we had the idea of a Paladin, but another player plays his Centaur mount, and they both have lances for Devastating Charge.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure how much prep time you'll get for casting buff spells, esp. in between combats, so Cleric might not be the uber-way to go.

Divine Metamagic: Quicken Spell
or just pick up a Rod Metamagic: Quicken.
Or both.

Just don't forget to get an armour of Moderate fortification.

Last edited:

Remove ads