• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Unbounded World:The Aeterian Expedition] (Now With New And Improved Amulets!)

Lichtenhart

First Post
"As it is to see a being of such beauty, Lady Storm Over Sea. My name is Duncan, which would be Palanumo (Brown Warrior) in your language. That's how many friends among the Nesimi call me. You are welcome on this ship. Yes, we would gladly hear your father's words, especially if he deemed this task so important to send us his daughter."

Speech colors: sandy brown is Duncan's normal voice when he speaks human languages. In this case it's common. When I'm speaking elemental or Fae languages I'll switch colors. Sea green (as above) is for nerae, red is for ignan, sienna is for terran, and olive is for geae. If I learn new languages I'll add them.

Last edited:

Talsia scowls slightly at Duncan, a bit upset that she has no clue what the two are conversing about. She lets fate play her hand though, and listens intently to what the fae says in the common tongue. She judges her opponent again, and, looking at her surroundings and her heavy armor, decides to ready herself for something else...

(Ready to Ethereal Jaunt at the sign of trouble instead)

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Very well then, if you do not mind I would prefer a little more privacy before I say more. " With that Illesia raises her hand and a howling gale springs up around you, strangely you can still hear her perfectly when she says "That's better, now we can converse in peace without fear of being overheard."

Talsia:
You made the spellcraft check (Total of 31) and have deduced the following:

Custom Spell
Conjuration [Air]
Level: Druid 3
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 Swift Action
Range: Up to a 5' Radius/level centred on caster.
Target: 1 Creature Per Caster Level within range (See Text)
Duration: 1 Minute/Caster Level (D)

This spell surrounds the caster and the area within an up to 5'/level radius circle in a howling storm of wind, over which no convesation can be heard.
The caster may designate 1 creature per caster level in the area to be able to hear and speak normally over the howling wind. Those outside the howling winds can hear nothing but the howling storm.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Lochan steps up and bows his head in greetings to the lady of the sea, Illesia. "What words do you bring to this assembly of lands Lady Illesia?"

OOC: Knowledge (religion) +21, trying to get some bearing on the lady of the sea as well as her father, and their roles

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC: Ferrix only please
If you want information on the religion of the Eastern Empire you want Knowledge (Nature) for the information on spirits Knowledge (Religion) is about the gods of the Western area. If you want you can trade the skill in. Let me know if you want to. I'll withhold rolling either check until you decide.

Illesia nods at Lochan
" A pleasure to see one from a land who gives us the respect we deserve. My father's words are simple."

As Illesia speaks her father's words the storm grows more fierce and her voice grows deeper and she somehow appears more threatening.
"When You Have Found What You Think You Seek Surrender It To The One Without A Key."

And then the storm eases and her voice returns to normal as does her appearance.
"That is all I was bid to say except to say that such an act would not go unrewarded."

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Duncan scratches his goatee, looking puzzled.
"Excuse me, lady Illesia, but we're only poor, limited creatures, unlike you. Would you please help us understand your father's words? What is it 'what we think we seek'? and who is 'the one without a key'. I wouldn't want my own stupidity to be a disappointment for your father."

Kalanyr

Explorer
Lochan
(Check Made Following Learned) The way Illesia is speaking you guess that her father is the spirit of the sea on which you sail, her father would hence be an incredibly powerful spirit (on par with at least a demidiety), and she would probably be powerful in her own right. However you cannot remember anything specific about Illesia or her father.

Illesia shakes her head
" My father's words were given as they were. I'm sure you are more intelligent than you would have me believe. But now I have done as I was bid, if you have nothing more to say or ask. I will depart and bid you fair weather."

"Very well." Talsia speaks, relaxing, "We thank you for your message, which is most mysterious I might add." She gives a formal, curt bow, before awaiting the storm fey's course of action.

The message doubles as a conundrum, how interesting. Though it's nothing that a few divinations, with the help of my Lord, Paradox, couldn't handle. The cleric ponders.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads