Unconverted Ravenloft creatures

kevin_video

Explorer
We've already done it!

Unfortunately the Creature Catalog website is still down, but you can view the final "working version" in Homebrews - see Drow Vampire (template).
Read it, but there's a few things missing from it.
1) Its fast healing is weakened/reduced when above ground.
2) It takes damage in moonlight as well as sunlight.
3) Can control driders.
4) Drow vampires can cross water, but not lines of salt.
5) The stake to slay a drow vampire must be rock salt.

I bring this up because I have Denizens of Dread, and I noticed that their conversions added in the alternate abilities that the human vampire did not have.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
If you look under "weaknesses," I think you'll find the rock salt stake. But you're right, we had noted these and seem to have forgotten them in the final conversion. Cleon, want to queue up some corrections? Unfortunately, we can't edit that homebrews version.

Cleon

Legend
If you look under "weaknesses," I think you'll find the rock salt stake. But you're right, we had noted these and seem to have forgotten them in the final conversion. Cleon, want to queue up some corrections? Unfortunately, we can't edit that homebrews version.

I'm game.

We can post a "working draft" on the Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings thread where we originally did the conversion. I don't think we used a dedicated Ravenloft conversion thread.

Actually, why don't I go ahead and start a conversion update...

Drow Vampire Template Update.

Remove ads