• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Underused Monsters

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It screams for mercy while you kill it.
Or it has sorcerer powers and kicks your butt when you try.
:)
Hmm.
The fell creature, rumoured lich, that has been thwarting your efforts all this time, turns out to be a...lich chicken.
You could do a whole Chicken Boo thing here.

I made a write-up of Chicken Boo myself a while back. It was great fun. :)

Derro

First Post
So what happens if I eat an awakened chicken?

Does the chicken's knowledge of its own suffering make it that much more delicious?

I'm tempted to awaken all my future meals. Mmmmmm, awakened veal.

Actually that could make for a pretty creepy encounter. A pen of awakened animals that know they are going to be eaten. I guess since it's a druid spell that's pretty unlikely though.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Actually that could make for a pretty creepy encounter. A pen of awakened animals that know they are going to be eaten. I guess since it's a druid spell that's pretty unlikely though.
What if it were done as a protest?

Cheers, -- N

Derro

First Post
Then, to lift a scene from The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising, some annoyed local mage would likely cast animate dead on their corpses as they were cooking, and have them attack the druid.

Sweet.

Let's just take this full circle make that Create Undead so the chickens are ghouls and have them eat the chef.

That's good gaming.

Cirex

First Post
I just finished the first part of a dungeon starring cannibal elves and halflings.

The PCs did not expect it and their racial encounter powers are really great for enemies. Many halfling stouts (minions) survived thanks to the second chance, while many misses turned hits with Elven accuracy.

Remove ads