Underwater adventure starting - need ideas

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
The next adventure will involve a hunt for a kraken. Naturally, much of it will take place underwater. I'd like ideas on how to prepare my character for this adventure.

He's a LG Dwarf 1 Fighter / 8 Abjurer (barred: Illusion)

Stats (including magic item bonuses) are:
Str 15
Dex 17
Con 19
Wis 8
Int 20
Cha 6

Feats: Quickdraw, Improved Init, Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Wand, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Scribe Scroll, Still Spell.

Skills: Mostly craft and knowledge skills (magic, stonework, engineering, caves). Some History, Spellcraft, Scrying.

Notable spells include many abjurations, lightning bolt, Haste, Rope Trick, the combat buffs (BS, CG, etc.), Polymorph Self, Water Breathing.

Notable magic items include +1 Dwarven Plate (called), +2 Dwarven Waraxe (flaming, the axe from Forge of Fury), Wand of Dispel Magic, Wand of Haste, Wand of Lightning Bolt, Wand of Magic Missile, Belt of Dwarven Might (+2 Str), Cloak of Resistance (+1), Brooch of Shielding, Gauntlets of Forge's Flame (Burning Hands 1/day), Robe of the Archmagi (white, this was originally black and was worn by a foe), Heward's Handy Haversack (found), Dwarven Watchstone (8-hour Alarm 1/day), dozens of scrolls.

Most items were made or are enhancements/alterations to found items.

Other: has a buddy who's a 8th level cleric; he's willing to help out with item creation.

He's got 4 days to prepare for the adventure and about 25,000 in cash to spend.

I've got my eyes on something that functions like a Pearl of the Sirens, but takes up a space (and thus reduces the cost/price of the Pearl). Call it Vest of the Submariner, and it gives the same benefits (breathing, movement, casting ability) as the pearl. Cost should be around 4,000 takes about four days to make.

What items do you recommend he make or buy? What spells should he take/prepare? Any special considerations (gear, food, spellbooks)?

Last edited:

Remove ads