Pathfinder 1E Undetectable Legendary Item Ability - how does it work

Eleclipse

First Post
So i'm a little stuck with how this item ability work, it's a leggendary item ability found in mythic adventures.

This grants its bonded user the ability to become utterly undetectable while invisible. While invisible and in physical contact with this item, the bonded creature can’t be detected or scryed by any method.

Does this mean that i can't be detected via magic, divination and so and that's it. Or does it also include blindsense, scent, tremorsense, perception check and so on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I think I'd go with the former (no magic, divination and so forth and that's it)... but I can imagine there will be lots of people posting over at Paizo to see if its the second one.

I can see them arguing something like -- Under the invisibility spell there is the sentence: "Of course, the subject is not magically silenced, and certain other conditions can render the recipient detectable (such as swimming in water or stepping in a puddle)" and in the glossary there is "Invisibility makes a creature undetectable by vision, including darkvision."

Based on that it almost sounds like they shouldn't leave scents, vibrations that tremorsense could find, or even footprints -- so none of that could be found. It quickly gets silly though - the first line for invisibility in the glossary is "While they can't be seen, invisible creatures can be heard, smelled, or felt." So, if hearing and smell are out then shouldn't being felt? Can they walk across traps for free since they'd be detectable otherwise?

paradox42

First Post
Potential problem with Cadence's interpretation is the existence of the Augmented version of Mythic Invisibility. That says:
Mythic Adventures said:
Augmented (3rd): If you expend two uses of mythic power, the invisible target is undetectable by blindsense, blindsight, scent, and tremorsense.
So clearly Paizo intends for such "undetectability" to be involved in Mythic games anyway.

It'll be very interesting to see how the designers rule on this, if it becomes a FAQ.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Mythic Adventures said:
Augmented (3rd): If you expend two uses of mythic power, the invisible target is undetectable by blindsense, blindsight, scent, and tremorsense.

Wow. In light of that, at a minimum, it sounds like it should apply to blindsense, blindsight, scent, tremorsense, and all magic detection and scrying.

Now I'm waiting for the flood of questions on its usage given that you don't make any detectable vibrations or cause air movement that any person or construct can notice --- the house of cards doesn't fall as you rush by, squeaky floors don't squeak, water doesn't splash, the stack of wine glasses on the bed I'm running across don't move, no one notices the door opening when I walk through, the people I push through to pass by the crowd don't remember being pushed off course, the traps don't trigger, the pen I'm using to write with doesn't lay down any ink...

paradox42

First Post
Yep. But the unaugmented version of Mythic Invisibility doesn't carry all that- it just says the recipient becomes undetectable to magic. It's basically like Sequester except it doesn't put the recipient in a coma.

So, really, the item ability could go either way. Clearly it's supposed to be better than just regular old Invisibility, but that still leaves the question... how much better, exactly?

Eleclipse

First Post
So, really, the item ability could go either way. Clearly it's supposed to be better than just regular old Invisibility, but that still leaves the question... how much better, exactly?

Exactly, i really hope they'll make some light into the matter as soon as possible.
[MENTION=6701124]Cadence[/MENTION]: I see you point but razionalize things just don't work in a rule set where people launch fireball, fly, gods walk on earth and so on.

Remove ads