• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undine the Sea

Ximix

First Post
covaithe said:
ooc: Yeah, so that's what I get for not refreshing before posting. Ah, well.
OOC: You mean like me missing this entirely? :(
Dargon said:
Nura looks like she is about to say something but she stops and a thought full expressing crosses her face. A few seconds later she looks at all her party members. "The visions, they might not be wrong, we might have to consider that our action could lead to this poisoning of the Azurine Wyldheart whatever it is. We might not be aware that our actions could cause harm if we were not guided around this hazard. it is just a thought we might have to consider."
"You speak truth... yet again, we're unable to discern what is and what is not ... and with our 'hosts' so resolute in our guilt and intent, how can we know?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: @Ximix--Actually, a [Good] spell simply requires an alignment of non-Evil. Also, does he channel positive energy? That's also something that an Evil person couldn't do.)

"I think Corvinus is on to something," Alicia agrees, "Even if we had Misdirection magic, there's no way around it if we somehow prove that we have access to Good-aligned magic. Though I'll leave that up to those who know more to determine."

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo walks in circle in the cell... He frowns as he hears his friend Ximix talking of magic and says: "err.. sorry, I'm not that familiar with this magic stuff.. basically, to me, as one of us proposed, we have to open up our game a bit.. and I agree maybe we don't know we may harm more by undertaking that mission, but that's the decision we've taken.. some future events may force us to change our mind..
In the mean time, we need to gain their trust.. Maybe when she cools down a bit, we can "discuss" without too much anger, hey Krintoff?
Hum, can we give some of our patrons' names away?? I'd think that considering she knows all about us already, there's not much risk..."

Ximix

First Post
OOC: While Ximix is capable of channeling positive energy, I fail to see what that will prove, other than he is not inherently evil... but he's willing to try. As to the 'good' spells, that was exactly my point, and the channeling of positive energy is a fine option, assuming we find a way to present it.
"The open discusion of our mission and details of our patrons is reasonable from my point of view."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm, that's a good idea, Jallembo. Let's get some sleep. Tomorrow, we'll ask to see that priestess who was here before and apologise for heckling her on her way out. Galatea likes water animals, right? Ximix, if you could do something like conjure up a dolphin from the Celestial realms, that might help win their favour. Then we can try Babette's idea and tell them more. I think they might have been able to sense that our reasons for traveling to Amalthea were a false pretense."

*Eventually, the group drifts off to sleep. The next morning, an acolyte comes with food.*

"Hey, psst, excuse me? You know that priestess who came here before? What was her name...?"

"I'm not supposed to talk to you. Her name is Rachel."

"Thank you. I'm sorry to bother you, but we really want to talk to Rachel again, to apologise. Can you please tell her that?"

*The acolyte looks away.*

"Thank you for your help," Alicia smiles.

*After the acolyte heads off, Alicia inquires:*

"Okay, so do we have our plan ready for when Rachel comes back?"

Amaury

First Post
"Like I said we open up our game.. I'm happy to reveal some of our employers names if that could make it sound more trustworthy.. but I don't know about the geopolitics though..
and, ALicia, I don't understand your point about getting a dolphin to appear.. I'd rather think it's offensive to disturb this creature from its.. well.. wherever such creature lives.."
Jallembo replies.

covaithe

Explorer
"We should at least have a pool or something to summon it in. I imagine it wouldn't make much of an impression flopping and gasping on the floor." Corvinus puts in.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix nods gravely, "A dolphin in this environment would be bad indeed... although I have, in truth never seen a real dolphin... yet I think if we could convince them to allow me near a suffienct body of water, perhaps the link to the upper planes would give them pause. Let me adjust my prayers for the day to allow for this possibility..."
[sblock=Spells prepared]
Cleric Spells Prepared :
0: Detect Magic (Div), Guidance (Div), Light (Evoc), Read Magic (Div).
1st: Bless (Ench), Command (Ench), Summon Monster I (Sum), Detect Secret Doors (Div, Domain)
2nd: Hold Person (Ench), Spiritual Weapon (Evoc), Detect Thoughts (Div, Domain)

Note that I added "Detect Thoughts". I have read the spell description, it requires Vocal, Somantic and Focus... (A copper piece... penny for your thoughts, very cute TSR :) ) so I would like to cast this spell when we know that we will have someone coming back to question us, but before they enter the room so they do not see/hear it cast. [/sblock]

After a time of meditation and prayer, Ximix joins the others again.
"I have received a prayer for the summoning of a celestial porpoise... also I have petitioned for and been granted the prayer of Detect Thoughts. With this spell I will need to have warning before we have a visitor again, as it requires easily recognizable spell casting. However, once cast, I should have several minutes to attune to the mind of our visitor and try to skim off their thoughts. I propose this mainly to find out their sincerity and legitimacy, before we trust them with important information regarding our quest. What say you?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads