Undine the Sea

Ximix

First Post
Ximix considers the question briefly, trying to find a way to reply that would not be, once again, ignored by the woman who seemed all but accusing him of being a spy.
"Although I would hope to subdue any person we encounter for questioning, my first loyalty is to this mission, I would heal any member of it before considering the health of someone attacking us, regardless of who that attacker is. As to my feelings towards you child, you mistake my pity for dislike. One such as you, with so much potential, will only do harm with the prejudice you have shown thus far. Consider your elder countryman before you retort, and understand that my opinion of my own people's ambassador is considerably lower than your own, his narrow-minded hatred may very well have destroyed this mission before it starts if your distrust cannot allow it to begin at all."

[sblock=OOC: ]Realistically if she ignores him again Ximix will get up and leave. I understand the prejudices of character background and Role Playing and all that, but how many times does the guy have to talk before she starts listening?
Just thought I'd put that out there... As an academic, Ximix wrongly views things as much more black and white than reality truly is, and sees her has much less flexible than she seems to see herself. If she dismisses him again, there really isn't much point in his staying with the group from his vantage point. If that is the case, what do we need to do to get Ximix into another group, especially given the Hendrallian is likely to state opposition to his inclusion on the basis she seems to be convinced he's a spy! Also, it is quite likely that some if not all of the rest of the party is well and truly tired of this ... [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dargon

First Post
[sblock=OoC: ]
Also, it is quite likely that some if not all of the rest of the party is well and truly tired of this
pc: yes
player: no, This is role playing and not roll playing, top nice.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, I see the trouble now--from Alicia's perspective (and also from mine looking at it OOC), Ximix's initial statements seemed like ways to wheedle out of answering the question either way. It would be like what someone evil would do if he wanted to lie but was in a Zone of Truth spell so he knew he needed to avoid a direct lie (or at least, if we looked at it as Ximix being on the other side and trying to trick Alicia without ever once lying, it's a bloody brilliant post). She was suspicious of the wording he used (check the wording of the first long post, I think it's post 14, and see if you can see what I mean--it's full of rhetoric to try to turn the tables on her without committing to any answer to her question). Now that he has directly stated and confirmed explicitly the case, she is ready to accept him.)

*Alicia simply nods.*

"I can see that you are telling the truth," she sighs, "In all honesty, I am glad that Hendrallia supports this expedition because I do not know if I could make the same statement if the situation was reversed, a fact that does not make me feel good about myself, but I want to be completely honest. Since you have stated your loyalty to this mission even in a worst-case scenario and I can tell that you mean it, I am honoured to have you as part of our team. Maybe together we can show the higher-ups in both of our countries that there is no need for us to hate."

Heckler

First Post
Dargon said:
Turning her attention and mind away from the argument she takes out her spellbook and making sure Babette can se, she slowly pages through saying to her "I wonder what spells might come handy on this trip?". When she reach the page of charm person, "What do you think of this?" she looks up again to se if the bitter words are still rolling on.

Babette gives Nura a questioning look. "A useful spell, certainly, but not as useful as I think you're suggesting. The weather seems to be clearing."

Dargon

First Post
"I always preferred sunshine" she says and closes the book. now that peace seems to be ruling again she turns her interest back on the group.

OoC: From the start of Feb my among of posting will be reduced on workdays as i am starting on a new job and won't be online during the day and in the night.

Ximix

First Post
Though he tries to remain inscrutable, the priest does seem a bit relieved to be moving on. Turning to Nura, his eyes linger on her spellbook. "I studied arcane magic for a time, I almost entered my apprenticeship before I was called to Gliran. I still feel keenly interested in the arcane, which of course is alright as my god is the Arcane... " The Elf seems to really focus on this, coming more alive in these words than he's shown thus far, even in his defensive speeches. "I have the capability to utilize minor magics, such as first tier spells from scrolls, and will eventually be able to cast spells and activate devices beyond that level. I feel called to serve Gliran to be sure, yet my interest lies in the working of arcane spells. I would be happy to discuss theory and application some time, of course I'm still quite ignorant of the craft, yet if you find you have time and interest, I'd be grateful." His genuine smile matches the gleam of interest in the priests eyes as they wander from Nura's face to the spellbook and back again.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo is quite relieved to hear Alicia finally accepting Ximix's words.

"Good! I'm glad we can all settle on this! Alicia, trust me, Ximix will support the cause!.." he says, tapping on his friend's shoulder lightly.

"So, where do we start? Have you got any information to share with us, Alicia of Hendrallia?..." he asks

OOC: have i missed him or Lokin has not shown uip yet?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Jallembo knows that Alicia mentioned that she has no information to share with you until the meeting later she scheduled with Rayne and Xanthar, so I'll assume he didn't ask that--Alicia was the only sponsor who took all of her people out to lunch so that everyone could get to know each other better. I guess that one bombed! :lol:

And sadly, yes, Lokin still is MIA. If he continues not to show up, I'd suggest grabbing one of the leftovers if we can to replace, I guess, though I'm loath to take a level 1)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm, I thought I saw Lokin on his way out. I don't blame anyone who doesn't have the resolve for this task. It is a difficult thing that is being asked of each of us. So just in case, I asked someone else to stop by, I think his name was Gaius Something-us. He should be here soon, and then once we're all done with lunch, we can return and meet with Rayne."

Remove ads