Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana probably coming to D&D website (Reddit AMA)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
In a related vein:

"Mass combat is not in the DMG - we decided that the system needed more playtesting. So, we'll be conducting open testing of that material and releasing it as part of Basic D&D once it is complete. There are rules for domains and managing a realm or business as part of the downtime system."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
This is something that has been asked, and explained, and asked, and explained, but I thought this explanation was a good one:

"I'll give you an example of a theoretical expansion.

Let's say we wanted to do psionics. We'd tie that to a campaign you can play, maybe one centered on mind flayers or a similar foe.
The psionic sourcebook would be the player's companion to the DM's mind flayer campaign. The sourcebook would have all the info for creating psionic characters, along with world material for players who are creating characters for the mind flayer campaign. The player's book might also have a chapter written from an in-world perspective on psionics and psionic monsters, the kind of information that a character might have access to or have heard.

You can expect us to do one or two such products a year, to give people enough time to play through a campaign without overwhelming them with new options."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
He does mention pdfs, ebooks etc, and basically says they are still thinking about it.

As for an OGL like thing, they will have something to announce in the coming months.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Except everyone is getting that info for free now...so that's an odd thing to complain about.

When? Seems like their promise of basic being done by the end of the year is no longer true, so I can't print my completed basic book and bind it. Sucks.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I have no doubt they'll keep updating Basic for years to come. You're in for a long wait if you want a final copy.

Paraxis

Explorer
If I remember right they always said that Basic rules were going to be a living growing document that got updated as more and more books come out. They want to keep using it as a way to preview material.

I wish they would make a call on the whole pdf issue and just tell us for sure yes they will, or no they won't.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't remember any promises about it being updated for the final time this winter, just that it was going to get an update.

Remove ads