• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana: un-sell me

Breakdaddy

First Post
am181d said:
No offense, but this is an awful thread. You can't use more than 5 to 10% of the reasons not to buy UNEARTHED ARCANA at any given time. Not to mention, some of the reasons seem really rushed. I mean seriously, how many of you actually USED these reasons before not buying UA?

In the time it's taken to figure out what usable and what's not usable in this thread, I could have created one of my own!

\puts a restraining bolt on am181d

*bleeeeeeeeeeeep!*

Psion

Adventurer
My considered take on UA:

Almost anyone can find something they'll use in it, but almost nobody will use a lot of it.

I do like and use the revised action point rules and the reducing level adjustment rules. I would use metamagic components but haven't so far.

OTOH, I won't touch the gestalt rules some people are so gaga about, and the class based defense bonuses are the most ill conceived version I've seen.

~Johnny~

First Post
I'd say it's something you never need for your own simple campaign, but if you're a d20 publisher -- even if only in your own imagination -- it's essential OGC content.

Remove ads