• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unique Character concepts and Campaign settings.

Alkalinemass

First Post
Hey i'm new to the D&D stuff like ive only played one other time and it was a one time deal. But a cple of my friends want to start a game and we've been tossing around some ideas for characters and like game concepts. One idea that we all liek was like Comic book hero characters but in D&D type setting. We want like a Batman or green arrow but in medival times yuo could say. And theyve all nominated me for DM cus im not a douche lol so i have to come up with a good campaign setting to go along with the super hero theme. BUt if you guys want to toy around with some character ideas and maybe if you know a little about the comic book hero give a bio like revamp it to fit into a Magic or D&D type setting. Thanks i figured itd be fun and id appreciate the help. Were using 3.0 or 3.5 were not sure yet. I have a batman character concept that i'll post soon.

Alkalinemass

First Post
So as promised here is my Batman D&D character concept.
Name:Bruce Wayne
Alias:Batman
Hair: Long Black.
Race:Human
Eyes:Blue
Class:Ninja,Marksman.
Wpn:Throwing Knives, Gunpowder Explosives,Smoke Bombs,and Grappling Hook with Rope.
Skills:Markaman,Hand to Hand Combat, Acrobatics, and Stealth.

Bio:Bruce's Parents were killed by a Highwayman when he was 8yrs old. His caretaker the Orc Alfred found Bruce hiding in cavern the night his parents died. He kept mumbling about the bats in the cavern. Alfred soon saw to it that Bruce got his education. He spent many years studying different languages and cultures. When Bruce turned 17 he left all his belonging and his parents wealth to his caretaker Alfred. Bruce went on a journey to better himself and to over come his parents death and his fear over bats. After a couple months Bruce was lost when a clan of Ninja's found him and offered to train him. He trained for 5yrs with the Clan. When they tried to have him use a sword he refused so he bettered himselfed at throwing knives and many Martial Arts. He soon ventured back to his city and kept his vigilante a secret from everyone. At night he watched the city from the steeps of castles and rooftops weareing a black cowl and cape. He called himself Batman.

Loonook

First Post
Check out Marvel 1602 for possibilities...

To be honest, I just don't see this as too unique, but to each their own. If you want a game like this you may want to check out Mutants and Masterminds, or Blood and Vigilance and similar d20 Products for Superheroes...

Spirit of the Century may also work well in a modified setting. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and post this :p.

Slainte,

-loonook.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You might also wish to dig around in the 3Ed forums- there have been a few threads about FRPG versions of superheroes in the past few months- you might get some good ideas for builds.

And welcome to the boards!

wargear

First Post
If you're a comics collector, like some of us are, then you may be able to scour some of the old DC Elseworlds titles. I distinctly remember a Titans issue with the characters translated into a medieval fantasy setting.

As for the JLA stalwarts...

Batman - Rogue, aiming towards a Justicar or Inquisitor type prestige class.

Green Arrow - Ranger, archery spec towards a Backwoods Sniper or similar.

Flash - Monk, focusing on speed, movement and dexterity.

Green Lantern - Sorceror, perhaps looking at Argent Savant or similar.

Wonder Woman - Fighter, focus on Strength and Skill at Arms.

Superman - Paladin, relying on toughness primarily.

Hawkman/Hawkgirl - Barbarian, either of an avian species or aiming to get Wings of Flying asap.

Zatanna - Wizard, over-reliance on vocal component adds flavour.

Afraid I cannot think of an appropriate Cleric-type character associated with the JLA...hmmm...

Remove ads