• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unorthodox modern goths? How about a RPG on Subcultures instead?

Kae'Yoss said:
What's the multiclassing situation here?

There should be heavy alignment restrictions on those classes. Emos should be Neutral Misunderstood. Metalheads should be Chaotic Rockin'
Probably a little more like D20 modern, though the base classes might have 20 level instead of 10.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Got some more prestige classes for you:

Elitist: (Hardcore / Indie) He's been following bands longer than you have, and he lets you know it. This guy knows bands that Haven't Formed Yet, including bands of enemies. He specializes in an extremely specific form of divination.

Candy Goth: A raver / goth prestige class. Wear black, dance till dawn. Awesome.

Mocker: Metalhead / Punk prestige class. Nothing is forever. It all breaks down eventually... why not now? Mockers are all about riotous acts of public disobedience. Their core abilities focus on crowd control, and directing mobs.

TheLe

First Post
Kobold Avenger said:
Really, I had some silly idea for a d20 modern game on 'underground' subcultures.
-Goth

[imager]http://www.thele.com/thelegames/temp/u.m.l.jpg[/imager]LoL. I am always happy to see some of my products mentioned. Unorthodox Modern Goths is actually doing quite well, and has been a great followup to my first book, Unorthodox Modern Cheerleaders. I wanted to let you know that I am continuing this trend later this year with some fascinating products.

On my list of books to do:
-Unorthodox Modern Mimes
-Unorthodox Modern Clowns (which is totally different than mimes)
-Unorthodox Modern Hippies
-Unorthodox Modern Yojimbo (Bodyguards)
-Unorthodox Modern Lifeguards
-Unorthodox Modern Prostitutes
-Unorthodox Modern Role Playing Gamers
-Unorthodox Modern Internet Geeks

I am usure how many of these I can pull off, if any. But I am certainly going to try.

For the record, no this is not a joke.

[imager]http://www.thele.com/thelegames/temp/u.m.m.jpg[/imager]
u.m.c.jpg

u.m.y.jpg

--The' Le (pronounced Tay Lee)
on the web at www.TheLeGames.com

MaxKaladin

First Post
Kobold Avenger said:
Really, I had some silly idea for a d20 modern game on 'underground' subcultures.

There would be base classes such as:
-Goth
-Metalhead
-Punk
-Hardcore Kid
-Raver
-Hippie
-Emo/Indie Kid
-Rivethead

And then prestige classes such as:
-Straight-Edge Vegan (Mainly for hardcore kids)
-Mod (mainly for indie kids who want to go back to an older subculture)
-Troo Kvltist (metalhead prestige class specializing in Black Metal and demonic powers)
-Power Metal Crusader (metalhead who uses medieval weapons)
-Candy Raver ()
-DJ (mainly for ravers)
-Graver/Cybergoth (for multiclass ravers and goths)
-Death rocker (for multiclass goths and punks)
-Necro Death Extremist (metalhead prestige class for death metal, with powers of necromancy)
-Anarchist Punk (iconic punk prestige class)
-Junglist (For a more 'tougher' raver, into jungle and DnB)
-New Age Mystic (mainly a hippie prestige class, but for some ravers or goths)
-Doom Monger (a prestige class for depressed metalheads and the occasional goth)
-Invisible Ninja Fighter (hardcore kid prestige class that specializes in beating up invisible enemies)
-Skinhead (for really tough working class hardcore kids and punks)
-Greaser (for punks sort of going back to the subculture that came before them)
-Goa Head (for multiclass raver/hippies)
That's odd. There are words and letters there but they're put together in such a way that most of them mean nothing to me.

I'm old, aren't I? :(

Nyaricus said:
Also, you'd want to add in the epic level PrC "Metal God/Goddess", which would be teh ultimate pinnacle of PrCs in this game, a "Rock Star" PrC for the rocker-types (for which there should also be a base class for them) and a Thrasher PrC [specializes in hand-to-hand combat and moshing skills].

Heh, neat idea, anyways - I'd totally be down for this.

cheers,
--N

They would be damn-near unkillable.

MaxKaladin said:
That's odd. There are words and letters there but they're put together in such a way that most of them mean nothing to me.

I'm old, aren't I? :(

NPC Class: Old.

Wait...you were born in 1970? Naw, you're not old. You're in the Out-of-the-Subcultural-Loop NPC Class.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Prince of Happiness said:
NPC Class: Old.

Wait...you were born in 1970? Naw, you're not old. You're in the Out-of-the-Subcultural-Loop NPC Class.
I'm obviously out of the loop.

I thought I knew what a 'goth' was, but when my teenage niece showed up for Christmas dressed like a goth, she haughtily informed me she was 'emo'. Evidently being 'emo' involves boys wearing girl's pants because she proceeded to have a long conversation with my nephew about it and whether boys at their respective schools do it or not. Said nephew does not wear girl's pants and is evidently not an emo, but he does wear his pants halfway down his butt with his underwear sticking out. I have no idea what subculture that's supposed to be. Based on this limited evidence, I can only conclude that your pants and how you wear them determine your subculture now.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
MaxKaladin said:
I can only conclude that your pants and how you wear them determine your subculture now.

Come on, thats always been the case! I remember stovepipes, bellbottoms, stonewashed levis (with requisite ripped knees), acid-washed levis, parachute pants (thanks MC Hammer), corduroys, legwarmers and stubbies shorts....

Nyaricus

First Post
Prince of Happiness said:
They would be damn-near unkillable.
And pretty much the epitome of awesomeness! This about it, they (the Metal God PrC, which I assume you are talking about) would have abilities like Penetrating Waves of Sonic Awesome, which would create two effects: they would be rendered temporarily deaf for 3d6 hours after their performance ended, and they would all gain the effects of Inspire Courage as a bard of their Metal God level + 15.

Think about it.

Remove ads