• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Uses for DMC: Discussion, Proposal & Voting

Systole

First Post
I like the idea of using DMC for an auto-roll, but I think the cost should scale with the strength of the item. If you miss a roll for a 1000gp Cloak of Resistance, you have to wait 3 days for the commission. If you miss a roll for a +5 Vorpal Sword (200,000 gp), it's a 600 day wait.

You also need to decide whether the auto-roll can be declared retroactively. If you have to declare it prior to the roll, you'll be using it roughly 4 times as often as a retroactive change, since if you roll first, 75% of the time, you'll get what you want anyway. I think that should be reflected in the DMC cost.

As far as resurrection, I prefer that dead characters are dead, and that the judges take care of clone characters if they get out of hand.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrtClLRyY0Y&feature=related"]Like this[/ame]

The relevant scene starts at 2:05.

Remove ads