Level Up (A5E) V2 Adventurer's Guide Changes

Ok, so I see a couple of changes in V2 of the Adventurer's Guide.

1. Press the Attack changes from Advantange to Exertion, as well as no provoking opp attacks when falling back.
2. Stunning Assault now costs 3 exertion rather than the previous 2.
3. Beserker Level 7 ability updated to replace int, wis, or cha save (choose one when ability chosen) with con save.
4. Most Bardic Battle Hymns have been updated.
5. 7th level beast master ranger has animals with magic attacks
6. Expert forager ranger ability changed to 1/Long Rest
7. Greatclub no longer has Breaker property. War Pick has gained breaker (stone) property.
8. Warlock Extra Blast becomes not compatible with weapon attacks in concert with eldritch blast.
What all are you seeing? I am happy to try and periodically update this with changes reported.

To my knowledge there is not a released master list of changes.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Barbarian's Enhanced Vitality was updated.....and is now even worse than before! But...at least its not a newb trap anymore I guess....sigh.

niklinna

satisfied?
I'm hoping all the missing commas have been found and returned to their proper homes. But my files are still downloading so I have to wait!

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Slight suggestion for the updated Eldritch Blast invocations, such as Eldritch Grasp:

Shift the text slightly to make it extremely attractive for people who choose Eldritch Disturbance, which doesn't gain much benefit from Pact of the Blade, Agonizing Blast, or even Eldritch Grasp, which can make multiple attempts within a given round without expending any action for Eldritch Blasts that strike multiple times. It will also clear up the text significantly.

Instead of:
When you hit a Large-sized or smaller creature with your Eldritch Blast or when a Large-sized or smaller creature fails its saving throw against it,

Make it:
Whenever you roll damage for your Eldritch Blast on a Large-sized or smaller creature

Result:
Eldritch Ray and Eldritch Whip have the chance to grapple any target each time they hit. Eldritch Scythe has the chance to grapple any -primary- target each time they hit, as secondary targets simply take half damage, rather than having damage rolled for them. But for Eldritch Disturbance the chance to grapple occurs regardless of whether the target makes their save or not, increasing the chances of the effect triggering.

Eldritch Grasp, Eldritch Tentacle, and Repelling Blast would all become significantly more useful for Eldritch Disturbance, which benefits from invocations the least of any of the current Blast Types.

Remove ads