D&D 3E/3.5 v4: Challenge Ratings pdf (3.5 compatible)

Hiya mate! :)

xanatos said:
Templates, Celestial Template, Example of a 12 HD Celestial Template (yes, I'm a little telegraphic today!)

CR of a 12 HD Celestial = 2,03 (= CR 20 HD Celestial - 0,8 (SR/0,1 per HD))

I think all those Templates need to be gone over again. Those multi-faceted (by HD) templates are annoying.

Hey seasong mate! :)

seasong said:
The difference between intelligent undead and intelligent constructs is that UNintelligent undead can be healed by others, and unintelligent constructs can not.

Unintelligent Constructs can however be repaired, and technically unintelligent undead cannot be healed but have to be 'harmed'.

seasong said:
The incarnate construct receives a Con score because it has become a creature of living flesh, rather than animate XXX. This is apparently a "good" thing, even though it makes them a lot weaker :).

Its a thing that makes no sense whatsoever. :confused:

seasong said:
I'm having an absolute ball* with the system, btw!

* complete with dancing around, although not really ball room style

:D

As long as its not the Lambada. :p

seasong said:
I'm tossing out the Golden Rule for PCs, because they will eventually have the HD to make it moot, and recalculating their ECL every level until they reach the top is annoying.

I agree.

seasong said:
The Silver Rule, on the other hand, seems to work out perfectly - I kind of wish they'd been put together somehow, but I can understand the logic of keeping them with their own sections.

Using the system you could actually recreate all the core classes so that you wouln't need the Silver Rule. ;)

seasong

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Unintelligent Constructs can however be repaired, and technically unintelligent undead cannot be healed but have to be 'harmed'.
I thought that intelligent constructs could be repaired also?

Using the system you could actually recreate all the core classes so that you wouln't need the Silver Rule. ;)
Well, I could, but I'm using this system transparently, in the background. And the results of the Silver Rule have so far been sufficiently dead-on that I'm disinclined to mess with it :p.

-seasong

Kerrick

First Post
From the MM:

Constructs...
-Cannot heal damage on their own, but can often be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through use of the Craft Construct feat (see page 303). A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
It says nothing of whether the construct is intelligent or not; this applies to all constructs equally. I don't know exactly how a creature without a Con score can have fast healing...

seasong

First Post
I'm probably missing it somewhere. How are the summon spells broken down in this system?

I.e., what limits are set for a summon monster III?

GPEKO

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
If xanatos (or someone) comes up with a spreadsheet (or similar) then all well and good.

Something like this (see below, it's not finished) ??

By the way, great work Upper_Krust ! But, after reading this, I stand with those who are in favor of adding the ability scores (not due to size of course...) to the calculation, somehow.

Attachments

• CR calculation.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Hi seasong mate! :)

seasong said:
I thought that intelligent constructs could be repaired also?

Absolutely. But the parallel I wanted to raise was that unintelligent creatures with no CON score could not heal themselves whereas intelligent creatures with no CON score could.

seasong said:
Well, I could, but I'm using this system transparently, in the background. And the results of the Silver Rule have so far been sufficiently dead-on that I'm disinclined to mess with it :p.

:D

Kerrick said:
From the MM:

Constructs...
-Cannot heal damage on their own, but can often be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through use of the Craft Construct feat (see page 303). A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
It says nothing of whether the construct is intelligent or not; this applies to all constructs equally.

Exactly, and there are no examples of intelligent Constructs in the Monster Manual so I think that the parallel to the Undead type is the best evidence we have.

Kerrick said:
I don't know exactly how a creature without a Con score can have fast healing...

Technically it should be either called:

Fast Harming (Undead)
Fast Repair (Constructs)

:p

Remove ads