Valenar Cleric Alternate

Bront

The man with the probe
This is an alternate rule I use in my home campaign, and one I thought might be fun to try here in LEB.

Flavor:
Due to Valenar's ties to it's ancestors, many clerics worship their ancestors much like other clerics worship gods. Those Valenar elves who worship the the spirits are granted spells by the more powerfull spirits.

Mechanics:
Basicly, write up an ancestor to worship and emulate, much like a deity, and cleric spells and abilitys are granted by such deity. Obviously, domains need to make sense, and there must be some flavor to the spirit, but it gives the Valenar elves some special clerical flavor. Also, since this emulation requires enactment and empathy with the spirit, the Alignments must match exactly, unlike normal clerics of Eberron.

Example:
Note, I intend to use this one specificly if it's approved.
Valahandra, Lady of the Silver Blades
Alignment: LG
Domains: War, Good, Law, Protection
Favored Weapon: Double Scimitar
Legendary Warrior of Xen'drik, Valahandra is also known as the Lady of the Silverblades. Valahandra is worshiped by elven warriors, paladins and clerics who seek the purity of rightious combat and strength in conviction. Her silver Double Scimitar is a symbol of the need for purity and conviction in all directions of life. Legend had her sacrificing herself by staying behind to allow some of the final ships to sail away from Xen'drik during the exodus.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
That's correct, but if you take the Bladebearer of Valenar feat, it's martial to you
That'll do it then, at least with any reasonable interpretation. By applying the RAW word-for-word, in an unreasonable manner you technically can't take MWP in a weapon that you treat as a martial weapon but can only get it through classes that give All Martial Weapons.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Doesn't seem all that different from the usual "if you don't choose a god, pick two domains" rules. In the ECS, is the "worship the Dragon Above and get two domains."

Edit: No different mechanically. Different in RP, of course.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Doesn't seem all that different from the usual "if you don't choose a god, pick two domains" rules. In the ECS, is the "worship the Dragon Above and get two domains."

Edit: No different mechanically. Different in RP, of course.
Right. It just needs to be proposed because some might have an issue with allowing the ancestors to grant domains and favoured weapons. Anyway, I would vote YES, but we don't have any voting rules yet :lol:

Bront

The man with the probe
I think 2 out of 3 judges is good. Of course, I approve it, but it's my proposal, so I'll wait for a little more player feedback. besides, I can't play the character till we unleas the class restrictions.

Remove ads