D&D 5E Value of 1 lb. of mithral?

Agglomérante

First Post
Is that with or without smoke breaks?

#undeadrights!

Smoke breaks is a great idea! But they have no access to herbs. They will take breaks, though, just like they did in life. Thanks :p

I'm pushing the notion that skeletons mime all aspects of their former lives, from work, through social, dining, pub going, sleep, sex. It's all an eerie pantomime.

The MM's description of Skeleton is imaginative and inspiring, unlike how undead are handled in LMoP's Wave Echo Cave. Yawn.

Agglomérante

First Post
mithral trade bars make no sense

An ingot isn't only used as currency (see wikipedia: ingot). Ingots are the base form into which metal is first smelted, and they're expected to have a minimum purity and a particular weight. Ingots made with more exotic metals can be currency as well.

Back on topic, J.R.R. Tolkiens Middle Earth when the Dwarves still populated and mined moria, it was worth 10 times its weight in gold. Of course, by the time of the hobbit, it was effectively priceless. So 10x weight in gold seems about right if you want Mithral Trade Bars.

That would blow the previous D&D values for mithral right out of the water.

Last edited:

jrowland

First Post
An ingot isn't only used as currency (see wikipedia: ingot). Ingots are the base form into which metal is first smelted, and they're expected to have a minimum purity and a particular weight. Ingots made with more exotic metals can be currency as well.

You forgot to read "in my games..." et. al. I know what an ingot is. In my games, Mithral ingots make no sense. But thank you for that. FWIW, a bag of feathers can be used as currency, cigarettes, shells, salt, pretty much anything. Even slips of paper with ink on it.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I played in a gestalt 3.5 game wherein we took on the "Level 30 Dungeon" Quicksilver Hourglass from Dungeon issue #123. Very early on we defeated two huge (?) mithral golems and then discussed how we were going to retreat and enjoy our newfound wealth.

The DM was not amused. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases