• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vanishing Goblin] Open Call for Writers [Notifications Sent]

DMAndrew

First Post
Vanishing Goblin is looking for writers.

That’s right, Vanishing Goblin is looking for contributors to our new project, Rooms With A View. This collection of a dozen interesting encounter locations comes complete with associated NPCs, tricks, traps, treasure, and any special rules required to run the encounter. Designed to be dropped into existing campaign dungeons, villages, cities, or wilderness areas, Rooms with a View I spices up the campaign with memorable locations and unique encounters.

See our website at www.vanishinggoblin.com for full details.

Andrew Luther
Vanishing Goblin Inc.

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
DMAndrew said:
Vanishing Goblin is looking for writers.

That’s right, Vanishing Goblin is looking for contributors to our new project, Rooms With A View. This collection of a dozen interesting encounter locations comes complete with associated NPCs, tricks, traps, treasure, and any special rules required to run the encounter. Designed to be dropped into existing campaign dungeons, villages, cities, or wilderness areas, Rooms with a View I spices up the campaign with memorable locations and unique encounters.

See our website at www.vanishinggoblin.com for full details.

Andrew Luther
Vanishing Goblin Inc.

Feb 5th is a tad thin but i'll see what i can do.

Question: do you want us to send in the complete 4000+ word encounter? Or do you want a 400 word synapses first.

DMAndrew

First Post
ArthurQ said:
Feb 5th is a tad thin but i'll see what i can do.

Question: do you want us to send in the complete 4000+ word encounter? Or do you want a 400 word synapses first.

Please refer to the instructions under "How do you send us your submission?" on the website (www.vanishinggoblin.com/VGWriters.html). Specifically, I'd like to see a short (300 words or less) synopsis of your idea first.

The date of Feb. 5th gives two and a half weeks for everyone to send in the short synopsis. I won't automatically disqualify submissions that come in during that weekend (Feb. 6th and 7th) either, but I'll start making decisions early during the following week, so late submissions that arrive after I've made my decision will be kept aside for any sequels.

Chosen writers will be given about 6 weeks to complete the final submission, so there's plenty of time to write (even if you only manage to write 100 words per day). :) Just get a good synopsis in by that weekend.

Andrew Luther
Vanishing Goblin Inc.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
ah ok, thats what i was referring to. I wasnt clear on what was written on the site, 4000 words in 2.5 weeks is a tad, much.

Thanks for the clarification.

DMAndrew

First Post
Napftor said:
Is Vanishing Goblin a print company or pdf? I cannot seem to locate this info on your site. Nice logo, by the way.

The decision of whether a product is pdf or print is made on an individual basis. Some products that are in the works will be strictly pdf, some will be strictly print, and the majority will be pdf first, then print about 4-6 months later.

Rooms With A View is intended to be pdf first, and then print. We do intend to go to print regardless of the number of pdf sales, so we will be using the pdf primarily to generate interest in the print product.

The logo was designed by a friend of mine. He's a rather talented graphic designer (who doesn't really like anything he designs, of course). I'll pass along your compliment to him.

Andrew Luther
Vanishing Goblin Inc.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
ArthurQ said:
ah ok, thats what i was referring to. I wasnt clear on what was written on the site, 4000 words in 2.5 weeks is a tad, much.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dude- 4000 words is only around 6 pages (figuring 700 words/page). Its not that much. You can do that in a couple of days (or even hours).

Last edited:

Remove ads