D&D 5E Version 5.25 -- what do you change?

Quartz

Hero
1. No racial stat bonus.
2. Change Expertise to a plain +2.
3. Beef up the Fighter, in both combat and social pillars.
4. Make all classes recover abilities on Short Rests.
5. Switch bows to Str. No reloading of crossbows, but enhanced damage.
6. Do @TheCosmicKid 's saving throws.
7. Speaking of saves, PCs get half their Proficiency Bonus in non-proficient saves. (Q.v. 3E where good saves were double bad.)

jasper

Rotten DM
Get rid of trance and elven sleep resistance. The -5 +10 feat. Give monsters bonus to all the saves. Bring back death to old age. Add aging effects to some spells.
get pay 1% of all income from all D&D related products, web sites, forums, unofficial art, official art.

1. No racial stat bonus.
2. Change Expertise to a plain +2.
3. Beef up the Fighter, in both combat and social pillars.
4. Make all classes recover abilities on Short Rests.
5. Switch bows to Str. No reloading of crossbows, but enhanced damage.
6. Do @TheCosmicKid 's saving throws.
7. Speaking of saves, PCs get half their Proficiency Bonus in non-proficient saves. (Q.v. 3E where good saves were double bad.)
1. Why?
2. What if this were to be applied to three skills instead? I feel like it would make sense from what ive seen in 5e. Ill admit im still relatively n00bish in 5e compared to other editions. So i might be wrong.
3. I agree to this. Especially the combat half. It still suffers from "im literally named fighter but am pathetic as a combative force" syndrome
4. Hmmm
5. I like this
6. I still second this
7. This is a good idea

Get rid of trance and elven sleep resistance. The -5 +10 feat. Give monsters bonus to all the saves. Bring back death to old age. Add aging effects to some spells.
get pay 1% of all income from all D&D related products, web sites, forums, unofficial art, official art.
First of all HOLY CRAP! Aparently no one (from my group obviously) saw fit to tell me that 5e has no death from old age! What is that crap? Secondly yes bring in the aging spells. Thirdly i would like to see an age category table including everything from youth to venerable.

Last edited:

Coroc

Hero
First of all HOLY CRAP! Aparently no one (from my group obviously) saw fit to tell me that 5e has no death from old age! What is that crap? Secondly yes bring in the aging spells. Thirdly i would like to see an age category table including everything from youth to venerable.
Well my players have their maximum natural age predetermined (by me, and unbeknownst to them because I rolled this up in secrecy using a 2e age/race table). It became necessary when they would fight a ghost with a 4d10 years aging effect touch attack, which if they would have been unlucky could well have killed one of them from old age.

Well my players have their maximum natural age predetermined (by me, and unbeknownst to them because I rolled this up in secrecy using a 2e age/race table). It became necessary when they would fight a ghost with a 4d10 years aging effect touch attack, which if they would have been unlucky could well have killed one of them from old age.
Max age is still closer or further away depending on starting age though. But yeah. Thats what i did too. In editions that account for it. Does 5e really not have death by old age? Thats so weird.

Coroc

Hero
Max age is still closer or further away depending on starting age though. But yeah. Thats what i did too. In editions that account for it. Does 5e really not have death by old age? Thats so weird.
I believe it is stated more generally somewhere in the 5e rules, more in a way like "typical humans can live up to about 80 to 90 years" or so, but there is no formal table. Only official aging effect I noticed so far was ghost 1d4 x10 years but by gaze and can be reversed if greater resto is cast within 24 hours. but also here it says nothing about what happens if you age far beyond your natural limit.

Remove ads