Vhaneir a frontier island

Ozymandias79

First Post
Ymeir – a peninsula of the near land/near island of Vhaneir, which is frontier lands, that lies west north-west of Daunton and it is accessible by boat from Daunton , although a long journey. Only one-way portals that only goes to Hedestad so if you want to get off the island you have to so with boat

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]that has great unexplored wilderness in forms of forests, mountains and plains and such
[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]a port town named Hedestad, are located at the east coast of the near land and founded by travelers from the east, has a viking theme and are on a peninsula. also Hedestad is fulll of taverns, bar and inn.
    [/FONT]​

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]the regional benefit would be +1 on athletics and something else that i can't come up with, meybe +4 at endurance when dinking
    [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]anyway this is as far as I have gotten mow I give you a chance to contribute[/FONT]​

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Would this be a good place to have a gold rush?

With a lot of very agressive gnolls worshipping bloodthirsty pagan nature gods in lieu of indians?

The gold rush would be kinda fun, I could make a weird adventure where a group of PC acquire a gold claim and are travelling there to assay it value before they can resell at a profit.

Okay, so I admit I was watching Deadwood recently. But there certainly could be such a lawless camp deeper inside the territory.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
That sounds like fun! (Neither of my chars would be that interested, but I'm sure the MMC or a similar group would love to get in on a gold rush...)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The Mostly Monstrous Crew, stars of The Captain's Caper. They're bloodthirsty, self-interested pirates. (On second thought, maybe they wouldn't be interested in a gold rush as they already have a pirate ship to amass wealth with!)

ukingsken

First Post
My up and coming character would be greatly interested in a gold rush! Well I figure thats what a self aggrandizing, self interested, tiefling bard would want... Maybe I'm wrong, I havent quite got his character figured out yet and am waiting on AP before submitting for approval.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Looting the treasure fleet coming back from the gold rush is a great way to introduce the setting! We could have one group staking a claim and another group preying on NPCs...

BTW, an outer edge of the Valley of Bone would be another good place for a gold rush - you've already got these Kingdoms of Gold in the central mountains, finding gold in a different, less settled part of the valley would be pretty thematically appropriate.

Here's an idea - right now the only way to/from the Valley of Bone is through portals. What if someone discovered a sea route to the same place? They might not even realize this is the same Valley f Bone, just a mysterious jungle land filled with gold and savage jungle tribes. You could have people travelling to one area by ship hoping to strike it rich, while people from the central kingdoms travel back to Daunton by portal with rumours of a force of outlanders somewhere in the wildlands surrounding their homes, and it could take quite a while before anyone connects the two...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
You could have people travelling to one area by ship hoping to strike it rich, while people from the central kingdoms travel back to Daunton by portal with rumours of a force of outlanders somewhere in the wildlands surrounding their homes, and it could take quite a while before anyone connects the two...

-''Hey Hadrak, I am joining settlers and miners headed toward that new gold rush. There are pirates on the way and hostile natives trying to destroy the settlements. I have a good contract to protect these guys over the winter. Coming?''

-''Sorry Trevor, I hate boats. Beside, I accepted a job in the valley of bones. I'll be fighting off hostile raiders trying to invade a rich tribe's sacred land. I am headed to the portal just now. See you in a few months.''

Remove ads