• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Victorian Eberron (Recruiting Closed - looking for nonamazing)

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Rock! Does Father Mikel know I'm a changling?

EvolutionKB:
[sblock]He's never come out and said so, but you have a few reasons to suspect that he knows. You're not 100% certain of it, though.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Oh, just one more thing, I've made some rules tweaks in what's posted over in the RG thread compared to what was originally posted here, tried to summarize the answers to people's rules questions, and posted some guidelines for character sheets (please try and show all your work; i.e. if an elf scout has an 18 dex, let me know that she got it from buying a 14, +2 elf, and +2 @ level 4).

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Elfs get a +2 to Int? Must be Greys. :)

Some pertinent questions:
- I know magic items are rare, but are they out of the picture at initial startup? There are a few small ones I am looking at.
- For "buying" spells, is the 50 gp/level for copying from spellbooks the route you want us to take or the more expensive buy the scroll version (i know the writing doesn't cost, but the purchasing will)
- Would Favored in House be a wasted feat?

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
Elfs get a +2 to Int? Must be Greys. :)

I thought I'd changed that to Dex (example's fixed now).

stonegod said:
Some pertinent questions:
- I know magic items are rare, but are they out of the picture at initial startup? There are a few small ones I am looking at.
- For "buying" spells, is the 50 gp/level for copying from spellbooks the route you want us to take or the more expensive buy the scroll version (i know the writing doesn't cost, but the purchasing will)
- Would Favored in House be a wasted feat?

Magic items - pricing on magic items is a highly variable thing. About the only thing that's available at list price are potions of healer spells and scrolls of cleric and healer spells; other potions and scrolls are sometimes available at a large markup (as are some common pre-Catalysm items that might be expected to last).

You can figure that you can always copy healer spells (as all healer spells are cleric spells, and so archivists have two ways of getting them), and usually copy PHB cleric spells. For hexblade and dread necromancer spells, you'll have to make scrolls. Wizard/sorcerer spells can only be found.

I'm not sure I'll be all that good adjucating a 'favor' mechanic, so while Favored in House wouldn't be entirely useless (and I'll do my best to make it useful if you take it), it'll probably go from long spans of being nearly useless to times when it's invaluable.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
drothgery said:
You can figure that you can always copy healer spells (as all healer spells are cleric spells, and so archivists have two ways of getting them), and usually copy PHB cleric spells. For hexblade and dread necromancer spells, you'll have to make scrolls. Wizard/sorcerer spells can only be found.
So should (1) ask about any particular items and (2) assume that our archivists start w/ no sorc/wizard spells? The alternative is to start w/ Craft Wondrous Item, though I'd need to know how many XP > 6000 we'd start w/ (and still leaves the issue of no sor/wiz spells).

drothgery said:
I'm not sure I'll be all that good adjucating a 'favor' mechanic, so while Favored in House wouldn't be entirely useless (and I'll do my best to make it useful if you take it), it'll probably go from long spans of being nearly useless to times when it's invaluable.
I'm still playing w/ feats and such, and the answer to the above will modify the final build.

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
So should (1) ask about any particular items and (2) assume that our archivists start w/ no sorc/wizard spells?

Eh. You can assume that you managed to find one non-cleric/healer spell as part of adventuring per three arachivist levels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads