Video Ads with Sound

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], I just got a "Noah" trailer on the right side of the screen that auto played, and there was no way to mute the sound.

I understand ad revenue and do not use blockers on this site, but that was too intrusive for my tastes.

Just wanted you to know.

edit: and it plays every time I load a page...the mute button did nothing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To quote the FAQ thread stickied to the top of the Meta Forum:

There's a problem with an ad on the site

We use Google ads. This means that the ads aren't controlled or selected by us; Google personalizes and serves them to you based on your browsing history and such. This means that different people see different ads; the ad that you saw may not have been seen by anyone else.

We can ask Google to block certain ads. To do this, we MUST have the URL that the ad clicks through to. A description of the ad is no help - it's likely we've never seen it and never will. So if you need to report an ad, please ensure that you post the exact URL that the ad clicks through to. We can then submit a blocking request.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-permissions-errors-search-ads)#ixzz2xvhoyhv9

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
To quote the FAQ thread stickied to the top of the Meta Forum:

There's a problem with an ad on the site

We use Google ads. This means that the ads aren't controlled or selected by us; Google personalizes and serves them to you based on your browsing history and such. This means that different people see different ads; the ad that you saw may not have been seen by anyone else.

We can ask Google to block certain ads. To do this, we MUST have the URL that the ad clicks through to. A description of the ad is no help - it's likely we've never seen it and never will. So if you need to report an ad, please ensure that you post the exact URL that the ad clicks through to. We can then submit a blocking request.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-permissions-errors-search-ads)#ixzz2xvhoyhv9

Thank you!

Naturally, it has stopped for now, but if it returns I will post the URL (not that I like clicking through but heh, I'll take one for the team).

Remove ads