Views?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Add one to the 'noticed' count. :)

View count is also useful when it comes to reporting spam, believe it or not. When a thread is obviously spam but only shows 1 view (which generates when it's posted in the first place) it can't have been reported yet as someone else needs to view it in order to report it. But if the view count shows 2 or more I assume it's already been reported, and carry on - no point bogging things down by reporting something that's already been reported. :)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Adding my voice to the "I liked being able to see View Count" list.

Considering I haven't noticed any significant change in performance (if anything, this morning the board has felt much slower than typical) this seems like a downgrade overall.

Just throwing in a "Me too!" Noticed it. Liked it better the way it was before. Choosing between this feature and the faster site, I'll take the faster site.

Gradine

Just throwing in a "Me too!" Noticed it. Liked it better the way it was before. Choosing between this feature and the faster site, I'll take the faster site.

I would too; is the site actually faster for you though? I actually feel like it's gotten slower lately.

darkbard

Legend
I wonder how many have checked in here to see the discussion without posting their own view? If only there were a way to tell such things.... :)

Gradine

In case anyone is curious, if you go to your profile and select "Find latest started threads" you can see the view counts on your threads there. Not quite as convenient, but if it saves load times for everyone it's nice to know the ability to see views isn't gone entirely.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Late to the party but I liked seeing total views as it gave me an idea of how much attention my storyhour was getting with each update, roughly speaking, because most readers don't post replies in-thread.

Remove ads