Vigwyn's 'A New Beginning...' [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Disgusting. This place gives me the creeps. How long ago was this place in use? This feels more like delving into a dungeon than a meeting..."

Edgar carefully edges his way up to the door, but waits for Gallo to inspect it.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
As Edgar steps over the threshold, a wind seems to blow into the room. The swirling gust disturbs the thick layer of dust, kicking it up into the air, along with bits of stone from the floor, and shards of masonry from the ancient wall. Before your eyes, the vortex of debris coalesces into a humanoid form. The creature, all dust and stone, looks at you with gleaming eyes. It opens its mouth and hisses. As it does so, a stream of dusty breath flies from its mouth with a raspy sound.

Attachments

• dust_wight.jpg
    dust_wight.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Old-Keep-4.jpg
    Old-Keep-4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 69

industrygothica

Adventurer
Gallo instinctively fires off a magic missile spell and takes cover around the corner of the doorframe. "Well, that doesn't look to friendly now, does it?"

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Three glowing orange bolts of magical energy fly forth from Gallo's hands and strike the evil creature, each sending up a small cloud of dust motes as it hits. Edgar immediately dives behind the door, taking cover from the monster.

The injured monster turns its attention to Gallo, who is trying to speak to it. It hisses at you again, clearly signaling its malicious intent, and just before it attacks you notice the smell of burning wood emanating from the smoking marks left by the magic missiles.

[sblock=OOC]Gallo: Magic missiles hit for (3d4 + 3) 12 hp. Wight reduced to 58 hp.

The wight is going to attack, but I think that Edgar would see that in enough time to have a chance at acting first, so I rolled initiative here for Edgar and for the wight. Believe it or not, they were both 20's, with Edgar winning due to a higher initiative mod.

So, let's have Edgar's actions next.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Old-Keep-5.jpg
    Old-Keep-5.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 77

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Edgar moves toward the wight, drawing his blade. As he comes into contact with the dust swirling around the beast, his body begins to stiffen. Before Gallo's eyes, his friend becomes a wooden statue, posed in mid attack against the wight.

With Edgar out of the way, the wight moves around insensate figure to approach the door, the cloud of dust it exudes traveling with it...

[sblock=OOC]
Edgar: 5' step, drawing rapier.
Fails DC 16 Fort save (rolled 7 + 4 = 11).
Edgar is Petrified.

Wight: Moves 15'.

Gallo will need to move away or have to make a DC 16 Fort save to avoid petrification.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Old-Keep-6.jpg
    Old-Keep-6.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 65

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Gallo quickly backs out the door. This presents no difficulty, as he is quite a bit faster than the wight. As he leaves, he sends more bolts of energy slamming into the monster, bringing yet more shrieks of pain.

Reaching the outside doors, the wight stops, and slams them shut--with himself and Edgar on the inside, and Gallo outside.

[sblock=OOC]Magic missiles hit for (3d4 + 3) 10 hp. Wight reduced to 48 hp.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Bugga'!" Gallo shouts as the door slams shut. He casts [/i]mage armor[/i] on himself, and then cautiously approaches the door again, ready with another ranged spell whenever he sees the creature.

[sblock=ooc]Galo will take a full round to cast mage armor and approach the door, then ready scorching ray and open the door.[/sblock]

Remove ads