[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Telsar

First Post
Earlier, Aeweth tried to find a way around whoring herself out [Diplomacy rolled 7+12=19], but Brie wasn’t terribly sympathetic. Brie says “You didn’t expect what? That the best way to catch someone bedding my girls, then stealing them away from me wouldn’t involve letting him stick it to you? I know your type, pretty girl think she’s too good for this. Wouldn’t take me one day to convince you otherwise down in the basement.” She softens her tone a bit. “Look, this warrior, he seems smitten with you. Seems like a gentleman, too. You might get by with just talk; you might convince him your smitten with him too, and you don’t want the first time to be in a place like this. Whatever it takes to get him talking and find out if he’s involved. And you’ll have another girl there, to take some of the pressure off you. But if the best way to get answers from him is spreading your legs, a professional would do that. You are a professional, right? That’s what I’m paying for.”

Now, Lydia makes her way downstairs, and when Algernon sees her, he immediately stands, dumping the raven-haird whore off his lap. He approaches Lydia and says “This has definitely been worth the wait.” Taking her hand, he says “Now, shall we go upstairs and you can demonstrate the accuracy of that secret you told me. I might have a few secrets of my own to share.”

Ezuvial the bodyguard rises as well, saying to Brie “The other young lady is taking too long. I’m sure you’ll have no objections if I go find her myself.” He seems decidedly rushed, as he grabs the hand of the girl who he chose earlier, and starts to head upstairs with her. But Brie positions herself between the warrior and the stairs. “I don’t like headstrong people, young man. She’ll be ready any moment.” The warrior brushes past her, pulling the girl behind him “She was worthy of my attention before she ever went upstairs. She needs no more time.” Brie curses, wishing Alicia was here, then tells him where to find Aeweth so he doesn’t open every door to the place.

Upstairs, Loni and Accalon walk side by side, the young whore smiling at the mention of being stuck spending time with the warrior. “I can certainly think of worse places to be. Although, if you don’t mind, you can do all the watching. I’ve never really enjoyed just watching my sisters, which I had to do a lot when I first started, learning all the tricks.” Responding to Accalon’s question, “Is my soul that delicate? Can you see my soul?” Not expecting a response to that, she continues “I was sold to Madame Brie, by a man I thought loved me. For a mere fifteen pieces of platinum. If I ever see that man again I’ll…” She trails off, looking a bit sad. “But I was young and stupid. My mother had died, they said it was some kind of brain fever. In the end, she didn’t know who I was. Didn’t know she shouldn’t jump from a fourth story window, either. And I never knew my father. So I was desperate and lonely and then met… him. He wasn’t very good to me, but I stupidly thought he’d marry me some day. Then he got in trouble with the law, and we came here to Taeirn, and I guess he decided he could move around faster on his own. And so now I work here.” She’s gives Accalon a weak smile “I’m sorry my story was so boring. I’m sure in your line of work you hear everything.”

Loni brings Accalon to a small door at the end of a hallway, one that looks like it opens into a cupboard more than a room. Within is a small dark room, about 6 feet across and 3 feet deep. Loni shows Accalon a well-oiled sliding hatch in one wall, which can slide quietly open, revealing two small holes in the wall, perfect for observing the room on the other side.

At the antique shop, Boon says “This assassin expects all his money up front. Won’t do a thing until he gets it. No payment plans, no I-owe-yous. No ‘working it out in trade’ either, nothing but hard coins. He’s a professional. And I’m not telling you where those ruins are without the money, otherwise you’ll just go on your own. Or sell the info to someone else. I could go as low as 25 platinum. But I’m not loaning you the urgrosh unless we have a set deal on you bringing back to me a good share of what you find there. Go find Sunedilar, and maybe in a week or so, I’ll figure out for sure what I want to do about the ruins.”

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor Thunderaxe Male Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian

Telsar said:
At the antique shop, Boon says “This assassin expects all his money up front. Won’t do a thing until he gets it. No payment plans, no I-owe-yous. No ‘working it out in trade’ either, nothing but hard coins. He’s a professional. And I’m not telling you where those ruins are without the money, otherwise you’ll just go on your own. Or sell the info to someone else. I could go as low as 25 platinum. But I’m not loaning you the urgrosh unless we have a set deal on you bringing back to me a good share of what you find there. Go find Sunedilar, and maybe in a week or so, I’ll figure out for sure what I want to do about the ruins.”

"Well, then I guess I might need ta head out to Hex's place for a quick look around. Since he doesn't know his hired hands are dead, I could get a free inquiry as to if he has any jobs needing some protection. Maybe even find out what the two brothers were up to. Getting a feel fer yer opponents like this is rare indeed, and I should get a move on. As fer the Urgosh and ruins; I'll be headin back here ta git that Urgosh. I could live with splittin my take with ya, if'n that's good with ya also. Besides, I wouldn't be wantin no others ta git their hands on anything of value in those ruins. Ya got yerself a deal! BUt about the map. Don't want a chance like this ta pass me by, so I better take the map, just in case sumthin happens ta ya. Hex might even send over his thugs to harrass you as well, and I wouldn't want the map lost to those bastards!"

Aligor then heads out the door, saying that he will be back in about a week, to see what Boon wants done in the ruins. He will head over towards the Earthgate Inn, stopping as he gets in eye view of the structure. He will look around, trying to get a feel if there are any 'watchers' out, keeping an eye on things for Hex. He will wait for about 5 minutes, seeing if anything interesting goes in or out of the doors and trying to get a feel for about how many are employed by Hex. He will have jogged there, trying to get there quickly, so that the knowledge of the two brothers death should not have arrived at Hex's ears yet. Bane will sniff around the area, getting acquainted with the new surroundings, but always in sight of Aligor.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon simply nods his head in understanding at the simple mechanism that controls the peepholes while he slowly pulls his cloak off dropping it close to the single chair that decorates the room.

His forest green eyes show nothing but compassion as he kisses her gentle on the forehead before holding her tight and his soft voice soon fallows, “Yes, I’ve heard similar stories but that doesn’t make them any less tragic to those in them nor boring. Thank you for telling me your story, Loni.” He pulls away slightly his hands reassuringly on her slender shoulders as he smiles slightly at her, “As for seeing souls, no I don’t have that kind of ability and those that do, at best, frown upon an operation like this. No Loni, it’s your shyness, your attraction to a simple John and your slight stutter when your telling a lie that tales me of your delicate soul.”

Accalon gives a small smile and wink as he sits down in the chair and leans up to the peepholes to make sure the view is unobstructed. Nodding satisfied he looks up into Loni’s blue eyes as he almost shyly makes a sitting gesture on his lap, “I’m sorry but there seems to be only one chair, but I’m willing to share it with you. If you’re interested that is, milady?”

After Loni graciously sits upon Accalon’s lap and he wraps a strong protective arm around her slender waist he find himself quite and thoughtful.

His thoughts aren’t on Ezuvial or the missing girls but instead they are focuses squarely on the light brown haired whore that sits on his lap. His thoughts trouble him, There’s so much we have in common… but part of him counters, How? A loved one dying diseased is hardly a unique thing? You where created by death, and she simply gave up and died, the only thing in common is the disease you two share. At least until she dies from it too as a weak creature such as she could never become the sister you desire. I’m not even sure why you think you deserve a companion so much. You’ve what corrupted four whores and you waste your time with one you’ve already touched...

Accalon’s green eyes blink back to reality as a stray light brown locket of Loni’s hair brushes softly against his face causing the voice abandoned him. He speaks softly but intently into her ear, “Loni, how long ago where you sold to Madame Brie? What was this man name? Did this man say where he was going to travel to next, or where he planned on eventual ending up at?”

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
door securely first. "Look at what you've done, Alicia!" T'aria snaps in Common.

Alicia flinches and looks at the mean woman with large sad eyes. A lone tear finds it's way out of her eye. She silently climbs to her feet, picks up the tied up driver by his belt and carries him off to another bedroom.

Once she's done she leaves his broken corpse in a compromizing position on the bed, puts her clothes back on and begins searching the house for valuables, humming contentedly as she goes. Pretty man, pretty good, pretty damn long time it's been. Ha ha!

Telsar

First Post
After giving Boon the required 250 gp, Aligor receives two maps, one a detailed terrain map, showing a desert area with an symbol marked ‘ruins’ some 5 days travel to the north of the city. The second map Boon says was drawn by the guy who sold him the urgrosh, and it shows some details of the ruins themselves, with a stone wall surrounding the place, with places marked showing where the wall has crumbled enough to allow entry. Also on this rough map is a campsite, within the walls, where the urgrosh was apparently found. All the interior of the ruins are not depicted, apparently not explored before the mappers decided to leave.

[All of the previous assumes Aligor paid the money. Didn’t actually see you say that anywhere. :) If so, mark it off your money]

Aligor makes his way to the Hearthgate as dawn breaks, and this building has obviously seen better days. It’s sign is fading, and the paint on the exterior is weathered and cracking in places. There’s an old man sitting in a swing outside the place, whittling on a piece of wood. No one else can be seen, and even this man doesn’t look much like a look-out.

[Note- it should have taken a bit of time to go to Boon’s and then here. I’d like to wait till we know if Sunedilar and Alev are headed here before I continue, since if they head straight there, they wouldn’t get to the Inn any later than this.]

Also as the sun is rising, Alicia finishes with her newest conquest. She’s not really used to them being tied like that, so it was a novel experience. But alas, carriage drivers aren’t very strong, so his vertebrae broke far too soon. When she’s done, she searches the house, but the place has pretty much already been turned over by T’aria. Once Gwyn is done as well, the three waste no time heading for the church. As they leave, they see sunlight is just coming up over the horizon, but it’s still too early for anyone to be out. The only creatures out here are the horses still tied to their carriage. [DM just curious if you do anything with them]

Three blocks down the street, they approach a large building that is so much damaged by fire in the past that it looks painted black. The building has two large double doors in the front, and a door on each side, although the entire structure looks like it could collapse at any moment. In contrast to the state of the house, the yard around it looks remarkably kept up. Trees and bushes have been trimmed, weeds removed, and flowers planted. By the large pile of branches and refuse off to one side, it’s clear this yard work is recent. Behind the building, the yard has been mostly cleaned up as well, and a headstone gives indication that someone has been buried here. The whole grounds make T’aria and Gwyn feel a bit uneasy; this land might still be consecrated.

And in a tiny closet upstairs at Brie’s, Loni says “Thank you, kind sir, it would be an honor to share a seat with you.” She smiles and sits on Accalon’s lap, saying “But I imagine we will have to be quiet once, um, the guests in the next room arrive.” Loni studies Accalon’s face as he studies her, a hard thing to do in the dark. But she seems to sense, perhaps by body language, his feelings. “You seem troubled. Like there is a burden you would share. But I’m… I’m used to such things. Johns tell me of their troubles all the time.” Her hand gently squeezes Accalon’s shoulder “If sharing your burden with me will help, then you should. And even if I seem… very attached, I’m still a professional. Like you.”

To Accalon’s questions about her former lover, she says “I’ve been here 4 years now. But do we have to talk about him? I will if you want, but… how he hurt me was personal. If there was ever to be, I don’t know, an accounting, it should be by my hand.” She sighs, then laughs a little. “Listen to me talk, like I’m all threatening. No one’s ever been scared of little Loni.”

Last edited:

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir Human/Male Fighter

“Yeah, I seen him. Ya seem to know him well, knowin’ what he likes and all. He left ‘bout an hour ago. He’ll prolly be back tomorrow night. What’cha want with him? I kin give him a message, next time I see ‘im, if ya want.”

"No need for a message. I will look for him another time," Sunedilar's words are clipped, and he turns away almost immediately. No reason to leave a message, and he certainly doesn't want to bandy his name about town.

"So," he says, once his companion and Rusty are finished, "sans dwarf, what's our course of action? Catch up with the others?"

"No, we'll go on to the Hearthgate and see if we can find the hopeful master of thieves. I doubt we'll need help from any of the others to deal with such as him. However, we may need to lure him outside, if the Hearthgate is of higher quality than that which we just left."

Telsar

First Post
[Ack, I'm blind. Didn't notice Thomas Hobbes last sentence said Aeweth came down to the lobby. Well, it still makes sense, given the time taken for the disguise]

As Ezuvial begins heading upstairs, whore in tow, Aeweth appears at the top of the stairs, and the bodyguard immediately stops, and smiles. "My dear lady, my apologies. You look," he pauses for a moment, then says "almost as good as you did before. I could have lied, said I found your new attire more becoming, but I'm trying to teach you the value of honesty, eh 'Faleri'?" He finishes his way upstairs, to her side, seemingly barely noticing the girl he has with him. "But I am impatient to get to know you better. Privately." Looking back at the prostitute for a moment. "Well, almost privately." Another genuine looking smile crosses his face.

Telsar

First Post
As Aligor studies the Inn for a few minutes, watching for activity, he notices Sunedilar and his new friend (Alev) coming up the road, seemingly oblivious to the dwarf's presence [Aligor rolled default Hide 19+2=21. Default Spot checks of 6 and 13 fail]. The two notice the same run-down appearance of the Hearthgate Inn, and the same whittling old man, that Aligor saw.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon grins satisfied as he answers the unheard voice from before, She’s far more resilient than you give her credit for, she beat the gift once, has spent four years here, and I will help her prove herself to you…

With the same grin he hugs the young whore and squeezes her delicate hand reassuringly, his voice carries the friendly tone as he address her, “I’m a simply warrior, I carry few burdens as they simply weigh you down. Though, you have read me well my dear Loni, as I am troubled but its your burden that troubles me so. I would like to help you, I never suspected that you had been here four years, you still have such an innocence quality after all this time, I can’t imagine the living hell that these four years have been on you.”

Accalon looks at Loni again studying her looking for some signs of hatred that could be molded by him and used for his cause, “Loni you are wrong, you need not be threaten, or scary, to kill a man.” He pauses for a second but he continues to holds her, “Loni, honestly? Is this what you wanted for yourself? You say he harmed you personally, that the accounting should be yours but in the same breath you belittle yourself and your ability to go through with it. So honestly Loni do you want your accounting or do you forgive this man for what he did to you?”

His eyes ask for forgiveness as he wraps her up lovingly like few johns, if any, ever had, “Loni, I’m sorry I should not have spoken to you like that, if you forgive him than your are by far a better person than me, and if you seek retribution than only the holy, or very foolish, would fault you. If you want to talk about him I’m here for you okay?”

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Telsar said:
Now, Lydia makes her way downstairs, and when Algernon sees her, he immediately stands, dumping the raven-haird whore off his lap. He approaches Lydia and says “This has definitely been worth the wait.” Taking her hand, he says “Now, shall we go upstairs and you can demonstrate the accuracy of that secret you told me. I might have a few secrets of my own to share.”
"Let's go see, m'lord," Lydia says, placing her hand around his waist... and lower. She'll look to Madame Brie to see which room she is to be placed, and then enter, occasionally giving Algernon an intimate caress.

"Do you spook easily my love? Surely you must have had many girls here, Miri, Jeleneth, Missandra, but I assure you the wildest things they've done are nothing compared to me. Tell me, my love, what is the most invigorating thing you've ask them to do?" Lydia asks sweetly.

Remove ads