• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Village of Albridge - Expanded Map for Reavers of Harkenwold

Agatheron

First Post
Hi Everyone.

After finishing my Nentir Vale map, I decided to learn how to use CC3's City Designer module. So I decided to develop an expanded map of the Village of Albridge from D&D's "Reavers of Harkenwold" Adventure from the Essential's DM Kit. It's now finished (I think), complete with labels:

Albridge-text-Med.jpg

If you want to get a good close-in look:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Agatheron/DnDMinis/Maps/Albridge-text-large.jpg

This map is to be used with my gaming crew in order to plan out the battle that will take place in and around Albridge as part of the adventure. The invaders will approach from the south, and the players will be using this map to plan their defence. :)

I had fun with this. I used CC3's City Designer module. I only used photoshop to crop it and to save it for web friendly sizes.

I wanted to use the expanded map, because I know my crew well enough that they will want to have a better sense of the surroundings, knowing that they will be helping plan the battle out as part of the roleplaying experience. I thought this was a good way to do it.

Comments and Critique are welcome :)

Agatheron

First Post
Thanks for the XP and comments. The idea is for my group to have a larger map to plan strategy for the battle of Albridge, while at the same time having some farms on the map that look like the folded and unfolded steading map on which these battles are supposed to take place. If you look carefully on the farms south of the town, you can see 3 different places that can be represented by the steading maps (as long as you ignore the compass directions on the steading maps) :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads