Visions Vol 2

pukunui

Legend
The next volume of the animated Visions series will be released on May 4th. Here's the trailer:

Looks like they're not limiting themselves to Japanese style animators this time. I'm not so sure about the Wallace & Gromit claymation one, but there's definitely some good-looking stuff in there.

The yellow curved katana-saber (that also has a red blade that can come out the other end?) is a little silly-looking, but then so is the shaped blade of the darksaber ...

I think my favorite from the first series was "The Ninth Jedi". I am looking forward to seeing what this volume has to offer.

MarkB

Legend
The Ninth Jedi was very much the stand-out episode from the first series, and I'd have happily watched a series spun off from it.

This looks promising, I'll be interested to see the next crop of tales.

pukunui

Legend
Filoni says he also had so much fun with the first lot of Tales of the Jedi that he’s decided to do some more!

Oh, and there’s going to be one more season of The Bad Batch.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Did anyone else spot the Cartoon Saloon looking clips in there? I really hope it's actually them. They do great stuff. The Secret of Kells. Song of the Sea. The Breadwinner. Wolfwalkers. My Father's Dragon.

Looks like they're not limiting themselves to Japanese style animators this time. I'm not so sure about the Wallace & Gromit claymation one, but there's definitely some good-looking stuff in there.

Yes, when they announced Star Wars Visions 2 back at Star Wars Celebration 2021, they announced that they were going more global. There is only one Japanese studio this time around (they also said more Japanese anime is coming though).

The studios this time around are:

• El Guiri (Spain)
  • Cartoon Saloon (Ireland) (that answers another poster's question)
  • Punkrobot (Chile)
  • Aardman (United Kingdom)
  • Studio Mir (South Korea)
  • Studio La Cachette (France)
  • 88 Pictures (India)
  • D'art Shtajio (Japan) in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd USA
  • Triggerfish (South Africa)

I love the Aardman one, looks like fun. I think Denis Lawson has a speaking part in it. The folks at Star Wars Celebration Europe this year got to see this one.

Filoni says he also had so much fun with the first lot of Takes of the Jedi that he’s decided to do some more!

Oh, and there’s going to be one more season of The Bad Batch.

Tales of the Jedi.

The first Visions was neat. As someone that is underwhelmed by most for the recent Star Wars stuff (except Andor), it is kinda "safe" entertainment.
Not everything was good, but it has the advantage that if something wasn't to you liking, it won't matter for the Star Wars canon anyway. And if it's good, you're getting something that is going to stay unspoilt (maybe also never going to be expanded, but who knows, maybe someone will be inspired by it.)

Remove ads