• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Volo's Guide to Monsters out of stock on Amazon

Mercurius

Legend
Maybe not worth its own thread, although maybe it is. But surely this is a good sign in terms for sales? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a newly printed D&D book out of stock on Amazon.

Tome of Beasts is also out of stock, but that makes more sense as it is from a small press.

I'm sure it's just because everyone is buying two or three copies to replace ones where the pages fell out. Or as reading copies to use at the table in addition to the collector's copies with the fancy cover, and it isn't *really* a hit at all...

;)

I bet it was on a lot of Christmas lists this year, as well as being purchased by a lot of people who got Amazon gift cards over the holidays.

This is a really good sign - the critical praise and apparent popularity will mean that WotC will no doubt continue to use the format for future books of this type. And I, for one, couldn't be happier at that prospect...

Sounds like an impressive achievement for a sourcebook. I'm really enjoying my Volo's Guide, and I hope that this means we'll get more like it in the future.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I bet it was on a lot of Christmas lists this year, as well as being purchased by a lot of people who got Amazon gift cards over the holidays.

This is a really good sign - the critical praise and apparent popularity will mean that WotC will no doubt continue to use the format for future books of this type. And I, for one, couldn't be happier at that prospect...

For real, this is great.

Though no sell-outs, it is also interesting that every single product they have released is still moving product, and in print: wonder how much longer ToD will be available?

Remove ads